McLaren Life banner

961 - 968 of 968 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes that is why I did not say anything, I thought maybe someones wires might have gotten crossed and was told about the Le Mans cars and formulated a limited super Valkyrie. And also I didn't want to get into semantics when NB was replying to another member about this limited edition he responded "this is what I was told". And you and NB I take seriously when posting something. You two are in the fray as I say. I get bits and pieces and things told to me in private which I can not post.
And I know NB just loves those Aston martin steering wheels. Just kidding.
There is indeed a Special Variant of Valkyrie limited to ten units, the problem is that many people describe it (wrongly) as an "Extreme" version of Valkyrie.
The "Standard" Valkyrie (if we can call it that) is already the most extreme possible for the road, the Special Variant has a different purpose but it will also be "legal on the road".

well you do have the 25 redbull versions, but they are "just"a paintjob and some services around it. initially there were two versions of the tub floating around, but from what i gather every car will now have the ultimate lightweight tub. and as you say, they will have problems with their contracts... having been fooled by Mclaren on the P1 GTR, i'm not doing that again... BUT there is nothing stopping them from doing some customer cars of the LeMans hyper car racing version.
The Red Bull version has much more than just a paint, there is also an exclusive program tests on the Red Bull F1 simulator and many other things (I have put some examples below).

Aston Martin Valkyrie Red Bull Signature Version "Strictly limited to 25 units, these cars will include"
  • Unique Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Livery using exclusive F1 Paint Technology.
  • Choice of 7 x exterior graphic schemes (Palette applied to Valkyrie Road Car Graphic Packs).
  • Aston Martin Red Bull Racing inspired cockpit.
  • Track Day Accessories Pack.
  • Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Drivers Kit including helmet.
  • Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Personalised Pit Garage set up.
  • Valkyrie simulator experience at Aston Martin Red Bull Racing HQ.
  • Exclusive track weekend at the Red Bull Ring.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
There is indeed a Special Variant of Valkyrie limited to ten units, the problem is that many people describe it (wrongly) as an "Extreme" version of Valkyrie.
The "Standard" Valkyrie (if we can call it that) is already the most extreme possible for the road, the Special Variant has a different purpose but it will also be "legal on the road".

The Red Bull version has much more than just a paint, there is also an exclusive program tests on the Red Bull F1 simulator and many other things (I have put some examples below).

Aston Martin Valkyrie Red Bull Signature Version "Strictly limited to 25 units, these cars will include"
  • Unique Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Livery using exclusive F1 Paint Technology.
  • Choice of 7 x exterior graphic schemes (Palette applied to Valkyrie Road Car Graphic Packs).
its nice that the brochure that has been available to buyers for close to a year has made it finally to the internet...

and i doubt any of them know of the 10 specials you still talk about

·
Registered
300 Posts
its nice that the brochure that has been available to buyers for close to a year has made it finally to the internet... and i doubt any of them know of the 10 specials you still talk about
Understand that I'm not looking to prove anything, You certainly know Aston Martin much better than I do. We'll talk about it when the official announcement is made.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Understand that I'm not looking to prove anything, You certainly know Aston Martin much better than I do. But I assure you, I'm not a liar.
I guess you just need to realize that some of the people on this forum can and maybe will just call the respective persons in management and or design and or tech at AM/McL/Ferrari and so on, so they certainly and without doubt have 100% knowledge about what is going on with cars/programs they bought into ... just to give you a hint: If you have the mobile number of the CEO of AM or McLaren and you read sth about some car you ordered and were assured it has this and that technical or design specification and limitation and someone (other source) tells that what you know may not be true after al or they make sth more special no one told you about, wouldn't you just call and confirm ? ...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I guess you just need to realize that some of the people on this forum can and maybe will just call the respective persons in management and or design and or tech at AM/McL/Ferrari and so on, so they certainly and without doubt have 100% knowledge about what is going on with cars/programs they bought into ... just to give you a hint: If you have the mobile number of the CEO of AM or McLaren and you read sth about some car you ordered and were assured it has this and that technical or design specification and limitation and someone (other source) tells that what you know may not be true after al or they make sth more special no one told you about, wouldn't you just call and confirm ? ...
Yes, I fully understand that, I'll just leave this here and wait for some "officialization" before continuing to talk about this subject, I don't want to get in trouble or cause trouble to others.

·
Registered
640 Posts

still just a paintjob. nothing mechanical is changed.
and who knows, there might be some version of the Lemans car made for the road, but that is technically not a 001 nor a 002...

961 - 968 of 968 Posts