Much lighter (at least 300kg lighter)
Carbon structure
Carbon body
Carbon interior (not just decorative)
Fully active suspension
Active aero (SF90 may also have some)
Massive underbody downforce
Limited production vs series car

Now try asking the same question about how Senna justifies the 3x plus price of a 720S ;) A much harder justification IMO, even though a few of the same above points apply.
All true

However I still think AMs pricing policy is really stretching it and I am kind of puzzled if the market can really digest this increasing numbers of future Hypercars ...

·
Registered
330 Posts
All true

However I still think AMs pricing policy is really stretching it and I am kind of puzzled if the market can really digest this increasing numbers of future Hypercars ...
I don't agree that the price is out of kilter with the market - compared to the recent range of hyper cars announced at Geneva.

However I do agree with your second point; that a lot of hypercars have been announced recently. Hopefully some fail to get made. Some though are pure electric, so are a very different proposition.

I actually think its the pure electric ones that have most to fear, as their technology will be rapidly superseded e.g. the Lotus Type 130 at about £2m. Now THAT seems priced too high to me, not the Valhalla at £1m.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I don't agree that the price is out of kilter with the market - compared to the recent range of hyper cars announced at Geneva.

However I do agree with your second point; that a lot of hypercars have been announced recently. Hopefully some fail to get made. Some though are pure electric, so are a very different proposition.

I actually think its the pure electric ones that have most to fear, as their technology will be rapidly superseded e.g. the Lotus Type 130 at about £2m. Now THAT seems priced too high to me, not the Valhalla at £1m.
Well its the big number not the Valhalla or Lotus per se ... but all of these together... the last generation of hypercars (P1/LaF/918) according to a dealer I know quiet well is more or less impossible to sell at what the current owners expect but generally only sells at about 20-30% below what you see mostly online ... I also expect the Senna to soon be traded again without premium and than there are at least 3-4000 additional cars coming in the 1m plus range the next 3-5 years (AM with at least 650 if they do a Spider of the Valhalla could well be 1300 ... ; Ferrari 500 Iconas and probably many more with the next release in 1-2 years; New Toyota Hypercar, New Lotus, Batista, Jesko, next gen Pagani, T50, Speedtail, AMG ONE, more Chiron specials, new Hybrid Lambo Hypercar, and maybe even a BMW and or Audi one too) ... the last generation was only about 2000 cars and these already feel the pressure ... the market gets flooded while the general interest in these cars lessens as they are no more the hyper exotic thing they once were when there was nothing like them for nearly a decade before (only the much lower priced ENZO, CGT and SLR ) ...

·
Registered
330 Posts
You make a valid point regarding the numbers in aggregate. And certainly if Aston decide to make a Valhalla Spider I will very seriously reconsider my order, and very likely cancel. I already told them this. It is a hard design to engineer a Spider from though.

Your other points also make sense.

I guess only the very special and desirable cars will hold their value long term. Which ones those are, only time will tell.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I heard from a fairly reliable source that Aston is planning 300 Valhalla Spiders on top of the coupes.
That part is definitely not true. They may well make them, but there are absolutely no plans at present to make a spider. I know that with certainty.

The mirrors on the other hand are real, and bad news.

·
Administrator
2,492 Posts
That part is definitely not true. They may well make them, but there are absolutely no plans at present to make a spider. I know that with certainty.

The mirrors on the other hand are real, and bad news.
Interesting, when I put down my initial deposit I asked specifically about the Spider and was told that it was likely and that the run would be 300 units. Reading the deposit agreement, it clearly references 500 AM-RB 003 coupes, not 500 AM-RB 003s.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
It's plainly obvious they will make a spider if the coupe is selling so well already. Why wouldn't they? This is supercar product lineup 101. Coupe first, then spider. Double dip whenever possible. They have terrible financials and need every dollar they can get. Hell, they even specifically talk about the number of cars while adding "coupes" to it. They wouldn't say "we're going to build 500 coupes" if they weren't going to build spiders too.

I would never have expected cameras instead of mirrors. Unless the law was changed, there would be no chance that the US cars wouldn't have mirrors. It's simply the law and there is no way around it. Perhaps they will make them easy to remove or something, but I kinda doubt it.

·
Administrator
2,492 Posts
It's plainly obvious they will make a spider if the coupe is selling so well already. Why wouldn't they? This is supercar product lineup 101. Coupe first, then spider. Double dip whenever possible. They have terrible financials and need every dollar they can get. Hell, they even specifically talk about the number of cars while adding "coupes" to it. They wouldn't say "we're going to build 500 coupes" if they weren't going to build spiders too.
Exactly

·
Registered
330 Posts
Reading the deposit agreement, it clearly references 500 AM-RB 003 coupes, not 500 AM-RB 003s.
Yes I know, and also that they repeatedly referenced 500 coupes. That is clearly to leave the option open to sell spiders. What I am saying is that no decision has (yet) been taken to make a spider.

It's likely but not inevitable though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would never have expected cameras instead of mirrors. Unless the law was changed, there would be no chance that the US cars wouldn't have mirrors. It's simply the law and there is no way around it. Perhaps they will make them easy to remove or something, but I kinda doubt it.
They stated it had cameras, like Valkyrie. It was indicated it would sell in USA in under Show and Display, or whatever you have there.

Point being cameras are perfectly legal in UK and Europe. They clearly stated it had cameras not mirrors when they took my order. Hence I am annoyed with Aston over the change.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I'm sure you can cancel. I'm guessing that demand for a show and display only car in the US due to something as minor as mirrors wasn't very good. You'd rather have mirrors and be able to legally drive it than have cameras and have to stare at it, no?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yes I can cancel, and have thought about it. But I will keep my options open for now.

I'm in UK, so I preferred cameras, not mirrors. Perfectly legal here.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts