McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw there was an option to get an ash tray for the car. I'm just curious if anyone has it, and if they could take a photo. I'm just curious what it looks like.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It looks like a cup with a spring loaded lid.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well, the Aston inexplicably came with the "Smoker's Kit" for a cool $450 you get 2 cigarette lighters in the "auxiliary power ports" and the trinket holder/ashtray that goes in the cup holder.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383139955.700978.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383139978.850238.jpg

I think it's a paper clip holder myself...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383140023.250156.jpg

Well made, billet. But who smokes now anyway? Teenaged girls and Russians. All my guys that smoke are switching to the e-cigarettes and they smoke them everywhere.

In any event, I imagine the Mac smoker's kit would be similar. Just much more difficult to get to with a long ash I imagine.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats cool Walt. Yea, it's a reach to get to the foot well, I'd imagine you'd have ash all over the floor by the time you got the cigarette there.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well, the Aston inexplicably came with the "Smoker's Kit" for a cool $450 you get 2 cigarette lighters in the "auxiliary power ports" and the trinket holder/ashtray that goes in the cup holder.

View attachment 5953

View attachment 5961

I think it's a paper clip holder myself...

View attachment 5969

Well made, billet. But who smokes now anyway? Teenaged girls and Russians. All my guys that smoke are switching to the e-cigarettes and they smoke them everywhere.

In any event, I imagine the Mac smoker's kit would be similar. Just much more difficult to get to with a long ash I imagine.
That's what you call an ashtray.

Loving your nails.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The McLaren ash tray is no where near as impressive as the Aston version. In fact it's a bit crappy and I'd be very surprised if you could actually use it as an ash tray without either crashing the car or setting the carpet on fire. It is free and makes a good knick knack holder though ....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, not exactly highly engineered. Also, is the entire thing plastic? Seems a touch dangerous to make the base out of plastic if you actually use it for smoking.

Anyway, thanks so much for posting the shots Jerry!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Jerry, calling the Mclaren ashtray crappy will cause Ron to chain smoke worrying about the improvement programme. I thought it was lightweight.......and of a lower specification than the Aston one:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts