McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience of Asda Tyres?

They are very cost effective at £201 fitted per wheel for the fronts but use a network of subcontract fitters.

I have sourced the rears from Canmskill but they are out of stock or delisted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I discovered these (not Asda per se obviously) a few months ago, posted here and passed the price to Andy, rears then were 259! I've had a look at the 'fitters' and done some research, they all seem very low rent (probably unsuprisingly).
So, my plan is to order them to be delivered to my nearest place, selecting a spurious date for fitting, then just going and collecting them in a sensible car, saying I don't need them fitting just yet etc, then putting them in my garage for now, to be fitted by someone I trust.

I can't imagine the tyre place will be bothered as they have nothing to do with the payment, it seems to be direct to Asda.

Just as an aside, these tyres were 259 only a few weeks ago, the more that people look at them, the more they go up, bit like flights in my experience. So I think look when you intend to buy is a good approach.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I looked at them and may buy from them.
Their website looks to be a clone of Pnues tyres who of I know people that have purchased from them.
Looking at their fitting network I know that locally I wouldn't want my car going into any of them.
So may just buy and take them to my preferred fitter. At a cost difference of £130 a rear tyre I think it's a bit too much profit to the dealer.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I am about to get new boots at the dealer in Geneva... I haven't even asked as I know its going to be horrific...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mike for reference I was quote £400 and £455 all in at the dealers. :eek:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I am about to get new boots at the dealer in Geneva... I haven't even asked as I know its going to be horrific...
Thought about going for a look on the way back to the airport sometime,is it worth getting lost to find it Mike ???

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
its nothing special to be honest and I drove right by it as the McLaren sign obscured by the jaguar and land rover signs ! at least the guy seems to be very helpful... I met him at paul ricard where he had gone with a few of his customers including the guy who binned his...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
its nothing special to be honest and I drove right by it as the McLaren sign obscured by the jaguar and land rover signs ! at least the guy seems to be very helpful... I met him at paul ricard where he had gone with a few of his customers including the guy who binned his...
I wont bother then,unless we go for a girly shopping trip,anything beats watching 3 redheads arguing over clothes ;)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
my dear friend, just give me a shout and we can go for a cleansing ale..!
will DO!! you know the usual suspects regarding shopping in Geneva,but then they find a C&A and now it has to be an annual event :confused: Girls !!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie I will leave you to do the knicker joke,failing that RIC!!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I was going to say I can see why you didn't go for 'volcano red'... probably got enough of that already... no doubt ric has more shades of it on his car then you do in your family!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my local trusted tyrefitter came in at £210 per tyre inclusive without any prompt from me. Job done.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very good. Where was that please? Price for rears? 'Trusted' is very important to me...
I use Bedford Wheels, College Street Bedford, but mainly for motorcycles as I buy every 3000 miles and they have to be fitted perfectly for safety reasons on a bike.

I have used them for all my Porsches and street cars.

The rears were sub £300 a year ago, can't remember exactly but around £260. Tyres have had 3 price increases in last 12 months.

The premises are ordinary but the people know their tyres and are all long servers. If you call them ask for Phil and say Kevin, with the Mclaren, suggested you should call.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I use Bedford Wheels, College Street Bedford, but mainly for motorcycles as I buy every 3000 miles and they have to be fitted perfectly for safety reasons on a bike.

I have used them for all my Porsches and street cars.

The rears were sub £300 a year ago, can't remember exactly but around £260. Tyres have had 3 price increases in last 12 months.

The premises are ordinary but the people know their tyres and are all long servers. If you call them ask for Phil and say Kevin, with the Mclaren, suggested you should call.
Thanks for that. Will bear them in mind for my bikes too. Bedford not far from me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts