McLaren Life banner
701 - 717 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ever since they announced the name 'Artura' in November of 2020, it's been bugging me that I just know I've heard that name somewhere... Fast-forward to today, wake up at 4am & couldn't get back to sleep, go downstairs, turn on the television and rewatch (for maybe the 100th time!) the 1987 film "Overboard" with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. On Goldie's character (Annie's) alleged birthday, Kurt (Dean) tells her the ill-fated romantic legend of Artura, the Portuguese fisherman who falls in love with the local territorial governor's only daughter, Katarina. Well, the story apparently helped their romance, and their characters become intimate for the first time that very night. Artura!
“What’s wrong with her?”

“She just goes ‘buh-buh-buh..bb..buh.”

·
Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec Artura Spider
577 Posts
I was excited to read for the first time that the Artura's new IRIS infotainment screen (the hi-def touchscreen brought over from the Elva, I'm told)
is readily viewable even while wearing polarized (sun)glasses. This is great news!! I would have known this from my test drives, but I never looked
at the screen or turned on the B&W audio even once on those drives...

Reactions: eMcL

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
pretty positive review by Harry Metcalf
I always get the sense that Harry calls it how he sees it, he is consistent. He smiled a lot, says it all.

One issue worth noting is that the £50k purchase price advantage needs to be judged against the depreciation disadvantage versus the 296GTB. It's easy to forget that the cost of ownership is the difference between the purchase price and revenue from selling. It is claimed that the Fezza will depreciate little here in the UK due to the 2-year wait list....Ummmmmm....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I always get the sense that Harry calls it how he sees it, he is consistent. He smiled a lot, says it all.

One issue worth noting is that the £50k purchase price advantage needs to be judged against the depreciation disadvantage versus the 296GTB. It's easy to forget that the cost of ownership is the difference between the purchase price and revenue from selling. It is claimed that the Fezza will depreciate little here in the UK due to the 2-year wait list....Ummmmmm....
I think we have to wait and see on depreciation. The early macs tanked. The newer ones not as much. Artura? We will see. If the 296 tanks like the 488, there isn’t much difference between the brands. Hell look at every V12 Ferrari pre pandemic. 450k F12s could be had for mid 200s. Let’s wait and see what happens with depreciation.

701 - 717 of 717 Posts