McLaren Life banner
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Yes would be interesting to hear his opinion on the hybrid weight in track cornering.
Separately the threat of a recession is a bad headwind for the Artura to be facing ….
not great, bob.

but they have sold something on the order of the first 9 months production already (if you try to buy one now, you’re looking at an early CY 2023 build). They seem to be getting ready for a 720 refresh and a P1 m2 and at least one other ultimate series entry over the next couple years. It’s going to be a very exciting couple years.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
not great, bob.

but they have sold something on the order of the first 9 months production already (if you try to buy one now, you’re looking at an early CY 2023 build). They seem to be getting ready for a 720 refresh and a P1 m2 and at least one other ultimate series entry over the next couple years. It’s going to be a very exciting couple years.
Yes very encouraging😊 - and sold when customers pay for them?

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Yes very encouraging😊 - and sold when customers pay for them?
¯\(ツ)/¯ my test drive was fantastic. There was nothing about it that made me want to reconsider my deposit. I suppose some folks might cancel based on the press coverage alone, but I haven't gotten the impression anyone who has actually driven one didn't get at least as much car as they were expecting if not more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes would be interesting to hear his opinion on the hybrid weight in track cornering.
Separately the threat of a recession is a bad headwind for the Artura to be facing ….
Agility and weight won't be a concern on track. It feels nimble and the E-Dif does an outstanding job of pulling you around the corners.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From a styling and powertrain perspective I'm really just not interested in the car. While I'm sure it's fantastic. It reminds me too much of a new Acura NSX and I just didn't care for the driving experience. I reserve final impression for post test drive. My expectations going in are low. From the same power train and styling standpoint I find the 720 significantly better.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
From a styling and powertrain perspective I'm really just not interested in the car. Well I'm sure it's fantastic. It reminds me too much of a new Acura NSX. From the same power train and styling standpoint I find the 720 significantly better.
What is it about turbo lag that you prefer over a power train with a torque curve similar to NA? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
All the cars I've driven with hybrid power trains suffered oddities and felt unnatural...always a disconnect between driver and machine.
The car accelerates well- 8 forward gears. Has the advantage of high torque from idle so no, raise the rpm, delays from traffic lights. The steering and brakes feel similar to 570S bit lighter steering than 720S. There is less interior noise, no rattles or squeaks - car feels solid. Mine will be a replacement for our 570S still have the 720S. Driving in track mode there were no oddities other than a battery 100% state of charge indicator on the drivers screen. Hope you get a drive in an Artura and find out for yourself if this is the best hybrid ever …. 😀

·
Registered
768 Posts
I read two articles about the Artura in German automotive magazines over the weekend. The reports about the car are excellent, especially the super steering, its very agile handling and the brakes (no battery charging during braking) are on the very highest level. Also the sound of the V6 engine is said to be very good.

I now also know how the name Artura came about: The name is composed of Art and Futura.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts