McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec Artura Spider
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone in another thread was wondering what options prices were, I couldn't find that thread to reply, but finally found this file...

I later asked and was given price on MSO CF rear spoiler(s)......$4,260

Still no word on mid-November test drive I've been 'promised' LOL

Attachments

Reactions: alexceres

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was thinking I'd end up around $260k but it's more like $300k. Not the end of the world, but it makes me think the 720S successor will move even further upmarket.

I think the Artura can support this price point just fine as long as the performance backs it up. Wonder when we'll start seeing reviews?

·
Owner
657 Posts
I wonder how they're going to handle those that were getting the cheaper price. Mine was based on 225k and I was given a final MSRP of 258k with all the options. It's not just the base price, many of the options are more expensive. They better honor the old price for those that ordered it last year, we've been waiting forever.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

Towcester - UK, 21 – 24 July 2022
SILVERSTONE
AVAILABLE MODELS:
Artura / 720S
COURSE DURATION:
0.5 days – am or pm (subject to availability)
TRACK TIME:
60 minutes (3 x 20 minutes)
VIP HOSPITALITY:
Lunch and refreshments
PRICE FROM:
£1,795 ex. local taxes
I keep resisting the temptation to try to book that. Not sure what the insurance situation would be since I no longer have a UK licence.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I keep resisting the temptation to try to book that. Not sure what the insurance situation would be since I no longer have a UK licence.
It’s on a track - and rental car companies accept USA driver license for road use so can’t imagine why McLaren would not accept for this type of event. Maybe call and ask…?

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I wonder how they're going to handle those that were getting the cheaper price. Mine was based on 225k and I was given a final MSRP of 258k with all the options. It's not just the base price, many of the options are more expensive. They better honor the old price for those that ordered it last year, we've been waiting forever.
From my dealer :D -
You are price protected from the base price increase.

233,000 - New base price increase
225,000 - Your base price

Good to hear from you and let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The small print for the Pure McLaren events makes it clear that you're on your own for insurance.
If you're driving one of their cars for the full day it does include full insurance and it's fine if you are on a US license, but it's also £4995 for the day with tuition.

The product experience one also includes full insurance, you get to drive a few cars for 20 minutes each and it starts at £1795.

If you're driving your own car there is no insurance included, it's £995 which sounds expensive but they don't require pre and post track inspections on Pure days so it works out around the same as a normal Silverstone track day and it also covers warranty for people with the extended warranty where track driving isn't included. You can get track insurance from a number of companies here in the UK, or some road policies also cover trackdays, I get 5 included for free on my normal insurance and can add more at £56 per day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you're driving your own car there is no insurance included, it's £995 which sounds expensive but they don't require pre and post track inspections on Pure days so it works out around the same as a normal Silverstone track day and it also covers warranty for people with the extended warranty where track driving isn't included.
Sounds like while it’s not required it’s still strongly recommended
“McLaren Events” said:
We strongly recommend that your retailer completes a pre-track safety check on your vehicle. The Pure McLaren engineering team will also conduct a light pre-track inspection on site, which will last approximately 20 minutes. Please note that work needing to be carried out on your vehicle on site may impact your time on track and will mirror the cost of the retailer-based pre-track inspection. For the safety of all those on track, any vehicle not meeting the required standard may not be permitted to go on track.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
If you're driving one of their cars for the full day it does include full insurance and it's fine if you are on a US license, but it's also £4995 for the day with tuition.

The product experience one also includes full insurance, you get to drive a few cars for 20 minutes each and it starts at £1795.

If you're driving your own car there is no insurance included, it's £995 which sounds expensive but they don't require pre and post track inspections on Pure days so it works out around the same as a normal Silverstone track day and it also covers warranty for people with the extended warranty where track driving isn't included. You can get track insurance from a number of companies here in the UK, or some road policies also cover trackdays, I get 5 included for free on my normal insurance and can add more at £56 per day.
I shall be making a call today! The warranty thing is also interesting, I could never get a straight answer from anyone about whether I needed the dealer inspection so I had it done anyway. In the end, it was money well spent because the post-track inspection showed a leaking main rear seal and worn suspension bushings, all of which were fixed under warranty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts