McLaren Life banner

Artura Delivery Updates

Tags
#artura
78K views 779 replies 88 participants last post by  bkknight369 
#1 ·
Has anyone else been informed that their Artura delivery will be suddenly delayed? My build was supposed to have been completed in about a week and up until yesterday the word back from my dealer had been "yes, everything is on track". Yesterday I was informed that "due to supply chain / parts issues" my build completion is pushed out over a month and delivery is now "projected" to be a month and a half to two months late.

I'm sure the Artura line has surfaced many challenges for McLaren and sincerely I hope they are inundated with Artura business (and ramping up for the challenge) for the long term good of the company, but this last minute update has me questioning a bit what is really going on. A few things just don't add up.

#595 ·
Anyone racing light-to-light v a Plaid needs their head examined to figure out where the hole is. Those cars are dumb fast off the line from the dig. Even on all-seasons
All true.

Funny anecdote; my first launch in the Artura was rather underwhelming. 99% of the population would probably find this exhilarating. I felt disappointed, like..."that's it?" My very first thought was, "I should've never bought that fu***** Plaid!" :rolleyes:. The Plaid warps your perception of how quickly a fast car should move through space. It recalibrates your brain on what acceleration "feels" like. You eventually normalize that 1,050ft lbs of instant torque....making everything else lacking by comparison. Its a damn good thing there are so many other things to enjoy about the Artura aside from raw acceleration.

#601 ·
Not a bad idea...resist as long as you possible can. It will improve your enjoyment levels of your pure ICE vehicles.

Thankfully hybrid tech of the Artura, Ruvuelto, 296, etc will allow us to enjoy ICE exotics for at least another 10 years. Once weight is no longer an issue (light weight solid state batteries coming in the next 10-15yrs) then it will sadly be game over for the ICE :confused:

#598 ·
after owning teslas, there really isn’t an ICE car that is going to impress you off the line. My model x performance was so damn fast. No matter what exotic my buddies owned, their first experience with EV acceleration was eye opening…. And that was a big suv!

To put it ev acceleration in perspective, when it came out, that little i3 was the fastest accelerating BMW to 30 mph ever…and It ran on what could have passed for Bicycle wheels!

A Tesla is a whole other thing. As is a taycan Turbo s

#600 ·
The only way I will ever get an EV is if they find a method to decrease the weight of the car comparable to an ICE car. Think about it, in a 4000 lb EV, 95% of its energy capacity is used to move itself around around and 5% to move you around, by weight. Wasted energy. Can't argue wasted energy is better for the environment. Importantly, heaviness is bad for handling dynamics. Also important, I love the sound of an ICE!!!

#607 ·
The Plaid runs 9s in the quarter, can hang with a Chiron from a roll, laps the ring faster than a 991 GT3RS, swallows Costco runs with ease, and road trips 5 people on Autopilot while kids stream netflix in the back...I'd say that pony does multiple tricks ;)

one trick pony lap time records for reference...

Font Electric blue Number Parallel Circle

#628 ·
It looks like 7 Arturas arrived in Baltimore this week. That's good news for those of us waiting! Especially with the unknown recent delay. The VINs on the ship are getting really close to mine (20**). I was told my vehicle was completed and in QC stage back in June.

1WLWHGB2361782MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN GT / MCLAREN GTMCLAREN AUTOMOTIVE INCN/A2023-08-23UNITED KINGDOM

#629 ·
It looks like 7 Arturas arrived in Baltimore this week. That's good news for those of us waiting! Especially with the unknown recent delay. The VINs on the ship are getting really close to mine (20**). I was told my vehicle was completed and in QC stage back in June.

1WLWHGB2361782MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN P16 COUPE / MCLAREN GT / MCLAREN GTMCLAREN AUTOMOTIVE INCN/A2023-08-23UNITED KINGDOM
Yup, one of the delayed cars made it to the dealer a few days ago, but doesn't seem as if you can call you your dealer and have them order you a new screen just yet

#645 ·
I don't see many Arturas around now, that are all 750S

Reactions: eMcL