McLaren Life banner

Artura Deliveries

102K views 1K replies 91 participants last post by  JlGem24 
#1 · (Edited)
Looks like the assembly line is moving …..
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Fashion Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

See less See more
1 3
#4 ·
“A 17-year-old youth activist has become the Chief Executive Officer of luxury supercar maker McLaren Automotive for the day to celebrate International Day of the Girl and encourage young people, and particularly young women, into science and engineering careers.”

#5 ·
No updates that I’ve seen from the earlier delay reports. This appeared in the Sept H1 investors report “Customer deliveries of the McLaren Artura will commence in Q4 2021 due to delays in the final sign off and certification as a result of the pandemic and following a global media test drive in October”

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
they did not learn from their mistakes
No communication No information
I’m disappointed
The good news is the CEO is being replaced. The CEO sets the measuring sticks and thus behaviour......build integrity didn't make the list. The internal employees are aware of the build issues but have been thwarted by the CEO's lack of leadership on that issue. The Atura has a tested and proven engine, plus the battery system and motor but the control software has been their challenge. It's on its way sometime in the future!

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
lets hope so, not sure i agree on the tested and proven engine, isnt it a new internal design. first time mclaren has built their own engine ever...
I an ss much it's done x million miles/hours.......no major component failures and oilways sound. As we know full engine production can cause problems if components/assembly varies from the mules but that is very rare....but can happen, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

#25 · (Edited)
It appears that Flewitt kept the production line running (consuming $) in a gamble (pity didn’t pan out) that the software problem would be solved in time to ship the cars before year end. Now the money has run out and the company is stuck with cars in an unsalable state and has to find bridge financing again ….

( Oh well sell the remainder of F1 to Andretti? :) … )

#31 ·
It appears that Flewitt kept the production line running (consuming $) in a gamble (pity didn’t pan out) that the software problem would be solved in time to ship the cars before year end. Now the money has run out and the company is stuck with cars in an unsalable state and has to find bridge financing again ….

( Oh well sell the remainder of F1 to Andretti? :) … )
oh wow crazy

#34 ·
I must admit, the entire package is a pretty convincing upgrade from the existing entry level. OTA software updates, numerous systems which should eliminate turbo lag, lighter carbon tech, fully electric supermarket runs, and performance that sounds as if it might be pretty close to the current 720. The scary side of it is just how many brand new systems & technologies are included, which I'm guessing is at least one of the reasons for the delays.

#41 ·
Micklaren have no expertise in designing or engineering internal combustion engines…..Ricardo are experts, designing engines for leading global brands such as BMW et al. So it’s a fair guess where the engine is coming from…..it’s not Woking.

Reactions: eMcL
#44 ·
I did post this already on a different thread, so sorry for the repeat, but in case the last couple posters didn't see it, here's an excerpt from an email I received a couple days ago regarding my Artura test-drive questions to the Sales Department of my dealership-to-be:

"I have been checking in with our rep unfortunately do not have an accurate timeframe. We have been told there have
been parts constraints delaying the launch. We are anxiously awaiting it's arrival as well. If I hear anything soon I will definitely let you know."

So, they're now telling me test drives in "the Spring."

#49 ·
Has anyone heard anything (ideally, from a dealer or reputable source) about whether these delays will push back the debut of the Spider - or (hopefully) allow the timetable to remain the same once the Coupe is all sorted?

If this ultimately means the Artura platform is refined by, say, Spring 2022, and that Spring 2022 Coupe orders might be filled around the time the Spider debuts, then as someone else suggested (apologies for not recalling who, offhand), I'd be happy to wait for the Spider instead of getting a Coupe for a shortened "stop gap".

#50 ·
I have no word from anywhere official, but my best guess is that with first-adopter Artura Coupe owners-to-be lookin' (very hopefully!?!) at, perhaps, a February/March 2022 delivery, I'm preparing myself to not even see a Spider configurator before April/May, and deliveries lucky to be before the end of the year. I suppose all Spiders are probably destined to be 2023 models...

Getting this model rollout right is sure as hell gonna be more important to McLaren (and McLaren owners!) than getting it right now...

#72 ·
The blurb says a slowdown. It also mentions software "validation", which is a very specific term when it comes to regulated software, which I assume it is. Validation often takes longer than the traditional development and testing steps, although presumably they must have been through this before unless they're dealing with increased regulatory requirements (something I'm currently going through myself and which is extremely painful).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.