McLaren Life banner
1001 - 1020 of 1117 Posts

· 2012 MP4-12C
10,344 Posts
I actually missed read your posting and what you were responding to . Let me try this again .

Invisible wave seems to have everything figured out . In reality he has very little experience with the subject matter . His opinions , writings are so distorted with the information in the real world . He creates a lot of false narratives and snide comments . His only information is what he reads on these forums . I actually feel bad for those of you who only get info about these cars from this forum.

The people on these forums who do have the the information and experience do not want to engage with people here any longer .

People are not kind to this forum elsewhere .
Yet your condescending opinions, being the only valid ones, however, are the milkshakes that bring all the boys to the yard! 🙄

· 2012 MP4-12C
10,344 Posts
My understanding is a change of oil cooler and software upgrades. The management of battery and engine integration which is software/sensor-driven.

Don't forget any changes need to be tested and proven to work.
Wow, those sound pretty substantial. I wonder if Mclaren is going to retrofit that oil cooler to the few early cars that went out? I also wonder when we’ll see the first over air update hit?

Did the Elva have over air updates? I wonder if the 750 will.

· Registered
5,653 Posts
Wow, those sound pretty substantial. I wonder if Mclaren is going to retrofit that oil cooler to the few early cars that went out? I also wonder when we’ll see the first over air update hit?

I think the oil cooler was done before any deliveries. This was identified as a problem during the infamous test in Spain, iirc.

· Registered
5,032 Posts

My understanding is that no cars are released until the upgrade is completed. The Artura I drove at Millbrook proving ground was thrashed within an inch of its life, by the pro driver and I tried my best, for 6 hours, without any trouble. I think there were at least 6 cars going thru' the same treatment.

· Registered
17 Posts
My order was supposed to be complete by 11/11, but status is still "IN PROGRESS". The batch before that were shipped out. I was informed today that Asia Pacific branch office will be announcing something to the dealerships next week. It's getting better and better.

· Registered
253 Posts
How soon will we all know this?
Supposedly next week.

That's a bit harsh...Nothing else drives like a McLaren...But hey there's always the Porsche cult and their silly games. Ferrari as well...
Nothing else may drive like a McLaren . . . if you have a McLaren to drive. I do not, and it now appears that I will not for a very long time, if ever. Porsches and Ferraris drive better than the elusive dream of an Artura at some unknown point in the future when McLaren finally gets its shit together. I have dealt with delayed super cars before. That said, I have never seen a company engage in the haphazard approach undertaken by McLaren concerning the Artura.

The Artura was supposed to be McLaren's daily driven super car and that was my intended use of the car. My dealer repeatedly assured me (including yesterday) that my delivery was on schedule and I would have my car this month. I sold my existing daily driver in reliance on these assurances (with my dealer's knowledge, encouragement, and assistance). Unlike some people here who have a stable of supercars to choose from, I do not. Now, McLaren is pulling the rug out from under me three weeks before my Artura was supposed to arrive.

Bad mouth Porsche and Ferrari all you want, but a bird in the hand . . . I would rather drive an inferior Porsche or Ferrari than wait an indefinite period -- maybe another six months, maybe another year, nobody knows -- for McLaren to get its head out of its ass and resolve the multiple problems with the Artura.

Yes, it is better for McLaren to fix problems in advance, rather than deliver flawed cars to customers. However, McLaren's haphazard approach to the development and completion of the Artura has been utterly unprofessional and disorganized. McLaren should have ironed out the problems before commencing the initial roll-out of the Artura. Instead, McLaren delivered flawed cars to reviewers, then weathered a storm of adverse publicity regarding its flawed cars. Thereafter, McLaren delayed customer deliveries while it purported to fix the remaining problems with the Artura exposed by the third party reviews. Then, after further delays and scrambling to fix the car, Artura finally commenced customer deliveries of what was supposed to be the completed, perfected, ready for primetime car. But, is wasn't ready for primetime. The Artura is still flawed . . . still has material problems. Now, McLaren is putting its foot on the brakes yet again. McLaren cannot get out of its own way.

Meanwhile, people like me are left in the lurch. The Artura was supposed to be my daily driver. Now, I must scramble for a replacement.

The Artura was supposed to be my first McLaren. I was brimming with enthusiasm and excitement over the Artura. I consistently and zealously espoused the attributes of the car, both on this forum and elsewhere, and defended it against naysayers. I remained excited as the original delivery date was delayed, then delayed again. I remained excited and defended the car through inconsistent third party reviews. As my posts on this forum illustrate, I have been among the Artura's most ardent and vocal supporters. But, my patience has run out. I will not sit by and wait an indeterminate amount of time for McLaren to figure things out. Enough is enough. I want a new car and, if McLaren cannot deliver it to me, I have no choice to go elsewhere.

I hope you are reading this McLaren. I suspect I am one of many new customers for which the Artura was going to be our first foray into the brand. It was everything we were looking for . . . a daily drivable supercar alternative to the 911TT, MC20, R8, F8, etc. You had a golden opportunity to convert people like me who had not previously owned a McLaren. Unfortunately, you squandered that opportunity. I am confident that, in response to the forthcoming announcement, many will walk and not look back. You have lost us as customers. You have also lost one of your most zealous supporters of the Artura. Read my prior posts on this forum. I consistently and passionately advocated for the Artura. No longer.

· Owner
1,178 Posts
Still not sure what exactly the bad news is. Is it so drastic that McL is going to 'close shop' on road cars? What about racing division?
If so, surely whatever entity buys whatever assets there are, will keep the pipeline open for parts ....????

· Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,019 ·
Still not sure what exactly the bad news is. Is it so drastic that McL is going to 'close shop' on road cars? What about racing division?
If so, surely whatever entity buys whatever assets there are, will keep the pipeline open for parts ....????
Doubt it is that level bad — just a further Artura delivery delay.
The news is out that they have sold F1 heritage cars to Bahrain to raise money

1001 - 1020 of 1117 Posts