McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 1117 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Y my local dealer asking $100k but def willing to take $75k over as well and I bet $50k would do it too but didn't even go there. vs Arturas easily avail at MSRP. But those looks wow....

· Registered
130 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but having seen and been inside both in my personal opinion - Exterior MC20 > Artura. Artura was still good though.
Interior was even, the Artura had FAR more headroom because I think you sit lower in it and the roof is a bit less flat; MC20 seat was a bit too high even at lowest point for my liking. The center screen in the Artura was so small, I can't see how Carplay can work on it, but we'll see, or does carplay go in the instrument cluster like in an R8?

· Registered
130 Posts
did you have the seat all the way down? I'm 6'-5" and had a good 3" of headroom to spare. The lead designer for the MP20 is 6'-7" so a tall driver was considered. Leg room was also great and overall driving position is very much like McLaren.
Strange. Maybe because the one I was in had the comfort seats as opposed to the racing shell seats, I don’t know. I definitely had it all the way down. Interesting though. Maybe it was just that configuration.

· Registered
130 Posts
The comfort seats probably don't go as low as race seats. One of the reasons I want to switch to Senna seats is so that I can adjust the rear to the lowest adjustment point so there's more leg room than with the comfort seats.
to avoid confusion the seats I was discussing were the MC20 comfort seats which didn’t give a great amount of headroom. I’ve only sat in the undrivable Artura w the race seats so no info or knowledge on the other seats.

· Registered
130 Posts
nope all the results report said was june 6th in spain ... you would probably do press drives for 10 days?
Normally just 2 days for press (maybe 3) as you rent a track and organize one big event with a fancy dinner etc. But then they set an embargo date which is usually a couple weeks later to allow everyone to write up a nice review and get a video produced,etc. My guess is reviews then published maybe 3rd or 4th week of June?

· Registered
130 Posts
The EV power keeps the regular battery charged in the winter according to my dealer. So no need for 12V in the frunk. But the non drivable Artura I saw still had the 12V frunk port anyway

1 - 20 of 1117 Posts