McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have arrived in England to spend a week in automotive heaven. The week will include a tour of Aston Martin on Tuesday, a tour of Lotus on Wednesday and to cap off the week, on Friday I will tour McLaren and will have the chance to watch my 50th anniversary 12C run down the line. If anyone has any questions they want asked, I would try my best to get answers.

A quick thank you to Andy Spain of McLaren Toronto and Francesca at McLaren North Amerca for making the arrangements, and of course my very understanding wife who is going along with this journey, white knucked while I drive on the wrong (British) side of the road.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thats awesome Zachary! Yes, one question: can you find out what are some of the tweaks/enhancements on the 2014s vs 2013s? We're aware of the IRIS upgrades.

Have fun out there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Zachary , when you drive back from Lotus you can visit the Duxford Air Craft Museam, just south of Cambridge ( an interesting place to visit as well). The American exhibit at Duxford is impressive.

On the Aston site is a British car Museam , mostly British Leyland, Rover, Triumph, BMC which is fascinating.

After these visits the MPC will be in another time continuum.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the Motherland.

Someone will be along shortly to talk about the weather...
Not a whole lot to talk about, Rain, Rain, Rain!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Motherland.

Someone will be along shortly to talk about the weather...
It's a shame mine's in for work this week. We're only just down the road from Gaydon (I take it that's the Aston Plant you're visiting) and I'd have terrified you round some country lanes ;-)

50 years is nothing here! Church in the village next to me is 680A.D.

http://www.friendsofbrixworthchurch.org.uk/index.htm

Enjoy plenty of local Curry ;-)
Yes the plant in Gaydon, and I am doing a good job of terrifying myself. My wife just closes her eyes, when she opens them she screams "They are driving on the wrong side".

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zachary , when you drive back from Lotus you can visit the Duxford Air Craft Museam, just south of Cambridge ( an interesting place to visit as well). The American exhibit at Duxford is impressive.

On the Aston site is a British car Museam , mostly British Leyland, Rover, Triumph, BMC which is fascinating.

After these visits the MPC will be in another time continuum.
Thank you very much for the recommendations. If time permits or more importantly if my wife permits will stop by.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, What colour have you chosen for your 50th anniversary? Can't wait till you have pics mate :-D
McLaren Orange, hopefully on Friday I will be able to take a few of my car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, will try to swing by on Saturday.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Thanks, will try to swing by on Saturday.
Do give the chaps in the showroom a quick buzz that you are dropping by though.. Typically it's not easy to just wander in especially if they are not aware you are coming in but the guys there are pretty good once notified.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do give the chaps in the showroom a quick buzz that you are dropping by though.. Typically it's not easy to just wander in especially if they are not aware you are coming in but the guys there are pretty good once notified.
Will do, the showroom is near Harrods so the wife gave me the two thumbs up.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts