McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend the car has been the centre of attention. I decided earlier in the week that the car demanded to be used more, and that I would not keep it off the winter roads, but instead, use it as much as possible. When exiting a multistorey carpark in Norwich, I was forced to do a U turn up a slope across the pavement, and a man ran across the road and stopped me in my tracks. I wound down the window. He was most excited; the car, he told me, was "very rare", and he just wanted to clean it. He said he was previously working in Woking. I said I did not live in the town, and I was sorry but no-one got to clean it for me anyway. He said he thought that I must be an executive, come to watch the football. (Norwich v, Wigan). I was forced to disillusion him on all counts, though I agreed that the car was great, and he ran off again, seemingly in good humour. Then we went off to our favourite pub., and then an Indian Restaurant. When we came out, a man was circling round and round, and we were happy to talk and that he was fine to take photos, which he did from all angles. The day before, we had been to another town, where they all came out of the pub to look and take photos. When I came back later, a man who was married to the barmaid, came back for another photo session, since he was unhappy with his previous efforts, so I took his photo for him with his 'phone, whilst he sat in the driver's seat. I have to say that a bit of winter road dirt seems only to make the car appear more sexy!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds like too many people want to look at the car to allow you enough time to put too many miles on it.

Everyone has their problems in life. Enjoy. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts