McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see posts related to track tires, and I know that some of you run without sensors in these wheels. My question is whether or not this generates error messages.

Error messages prevent the nose lift from working with a simple pull up while driving. You must be alert and clear the message before raising the nose - otherwise, you won’t raise and will scrape. With low tire pressure warnings, this happens and while it seems minor, it is a pain.
So, if there are no sensors at all, am I subject to consistent warnings?

i have seen that many of you have purchased tire sensors from tire rack, I wonder it these handle bothe the temp and pressure, or, if not, do they prevent errors at least?

My wheel setup now is 21 rear and 20 front. For the wheel/tire size, there are no all weather tires, only summer tires available. With temps down in Oklahoma,I am going to have to cave and buy another setup to move to stock sizes.

Thank you for any help

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
43 Posts
There is no pricing on that site...... at least I can't find it.
Select your year, then you have to choose your sub category (which is ABOVE the much more noticeable "The Following Sensors will fit your: 2018 McLaren TPMS").

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
724 Posts
135.00 for a set of four sensors on TPMS.com (The same site @Ingenere suggested)

The sensors are "plug and play", meaning the car will automatically recognize them with no programming...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts