McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
a buddy of mine is interested in a mac or 458 ,has anyon been able to get 50k off on a new mp42c?
Maybe one that is instock. You can get bigger discounts than that for cars with less than 2k miles. Only for coupes though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Markjayw: I must comment on the wonderful lineup of cars you own/owned. Life is too short to not live it to the fullest. Looks to me like your getting it done. Good work. :D:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Markjayw: I must comment on the wonderful lineup of cars you own/owned. Life is too short to not live it to the fullest. Looks to me like your getting it done. Good work. :D:D
Thanks. They are really wearing me out. Only wash each once / month, unless a special show is coming up. At least our weather is improving, finally.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Lightly used coupes can be found at aggressive, hard to beat pricing.
It seems like they have a never ending supply of these coupes to sell at stupid prices ..... The car is a great car, but McLaren's marketing is countermanding that fact; it's a shame. :(

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It seems like they have a never ending supply of these coupes to sell at stupid prices ..... The car is a great car, but McLaren's marketing is countermanding that fact; it's a shame. :(
Yes pure stupidity, thank god we are not confronted with the same issues up here where the polar bears hang out. Well now that the nice weather has finally arrived it may put a end to this nonsense, or not. Cheers....??

·
Owner
893 Posts
Ken,
I bet the 'better' situation in Canada is due to the fact that you've only got one dealership in the entire country; they must have sold a lot less cars in comparison to the 9 dealerships currently in the U.S. ?? So ...... less cars are available in Canada, is my guess.
:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ken,
I bet the 'better' situation in Canada is due to the fact that you've only got one dealership in the entire country; they must have sold a lot less cars in comparison to the 9 dealerships currently in the U.S. ?? So ...... less cars are available in Canada, is my guess.
:)
Yes and thank who ever for that, we may have a ton of polar bears up here but we can't say the same is true for the almighty Mac. Yeeee haaaaaw. Cheers....??

·
OWNER
76 Posts
YES you can get over $50K OFF new ones. I had a few dealers offering cars that the MSRP was $292K and delivered to my house for $236K plus tax and tags.

I finally bought a 2012 that the MSRP was $288K plus $4K for carbon engine bay panels and additional custom paint work that would have made it $304K. I got it for $239K delivered.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
The single dealership in Canada truly surprised me when I heard of it a few years ago. Toronto/Ontario obviously made sense. But, then there should've been one in Montreal/Quebec, one in Calgary-Edmonton/Alberta, and one in Vancouver/BC.

Perhaps that's the plan down'stream, but I believe that those markets could've supported sufficient volume of deliveries as each of the aforementioned regions has their own unique & solicitable demographic of clientele.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YES you can get over $50K OFF new ones. I had a few dealers offering cars that the MSRP was $292K and delivered to my house for $236K plus tax and tags.

I finally bought a 2012 that the MSRP was $288K plus $4K for carbon engine bay panels and additional custom paint work that would have made it $304K. I got it for $239K delivered.
wow great deal!

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
The posts and threads asking for 50k off isn't helping either.

I really wish these threads received zero responses - all they do is drive down pricing and will have an effect of dealers offering less on our Macs knowing what they have to compete with after reading these threads.

Mclaren should offer the dealers a floor plan to hold their cars longer vs giving them away.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The single dealership in Canada truly surprised me when I heard of it a few years ago. Toronto/Ontario obviously made sense. But, then there should've been one in Montreal/Quebec, one in Calgary-Edmonton/Alberta, and one in Vancouver/BC.

Perhaps that's the plan down'stream, but I believe that those markets could've supported sufficient volume of deliveries as each of the aforementioned regions has their own unique & solicitable demographic of clientele.
We don't have the population base up here for that, on top of which we have a lot of loyal Italians. They're getting ready to open a showroom in Vancouver. Once the P13 comes into the picture I'm sure at least one or two more locations will appear. I'm happy with limited numbers in all aspects, especially living in Toronto. Cheers....??

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts

I was never offered 50K off - not even close so I bought a used one with 1500 miles that carried a 307 sticker.

Wow 12k for special paint - be interested in seeing the results.

·
Owner
893 Posts
The posts and threads asking for 50k off isn't helping either.

I really wish these threads received zero responses - all they do is drive down pricing and will have an effect of dealers offering less on our Macs knowing what they have to compete with after reading these threads.

Mclaren should offer the dealers a floor plan to hold their cars longer vs giving them away.
AGREED.... Offer a dealership only incentive !! All this 'giveaway' stuff just shoots McLaren's esteem in the foot !

1 - 20 of 40 Posts