Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know is there is a list of Mclaren approved tires
can't find anything online, i have a 12c so my manual is not current

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tirerack.com. pretty sure the Pilot Supersport and Pilot 4S by Michelin are the go to tires. There are other options but I like the performance of the Michelin tires

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to do the pilot 4S tires, Michelin is great, there are a number of posts to that effect here
BUT--- are they "approved" by mclaren--- ie not violating ESC

·
Registered
212 Posts
pirelli is the approved tire partner of Mclaren so you will not find the "MC" badge on the Michelin tires. The tires for the 720S work great on the 12C. the front being 10mm wider but it works. and the compound both on the regular Pzero or Corsa is much better than what was originally supplied with the 12C

·
Registered
585 Posts
i want to do the pilot 4S tires, Michelin is great, there are a number of posts to that effect here
BUT--- are they "approved" by mclaren--- ie not violating ESC
To be frank, I'd be very surprised if they could get away with not honouring an ESC claim because you put a reputable tyre on the car, but I'm not a lawyer. I'd go with the best, and not worry about it - I wouldn't risk crashing from having an older, less good, tyre design. It's not me taking the risk though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had an email conversation with mclaren--
they say
there is only one approved tire now for the 12c ---the P zero
the previously approved mclaren corsa is no longer made

no option -no approving newer tires - oh well

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with above. To deny warranty due to having a different street tire brand sounds wildly stupid and not possible. Get the best tire for the conditions you will be driving it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts