McLaren Life banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
addicted to speed
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'll be in Chicago for the few days of August 7-11 (flying out monday morning) to check out some teaching hospitals to start my internship year, as well as enjoy my birthday with my brother who has already started his rotations. Was wondering if there were any good Cars & Coffee type meets in the area. Noticed the Supercar Saturdays, but looks like I just missed the event by a week :( I'll have my camera with me as always to go exploring in the city, but would love to find a nice meet to see what kind of interesting cars are in the area as well. I'll keep doing my own online sleuthing, but thought some of you wonderful guys might have some insight as well!

couple of my pics of some fancy yellow McLaren from Pebble Beach this past year

·
addicted to speed
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Zombie! I'd have loved the opportunity to make it out to Monterey again this year (especially to see the P1 GTR in person!) but I've got a few larger priorities at the moment ;)

@ Simon,
I'd love to do radiology, as I'm quite a fan of the photographic process, and I've been intrigued by x-rays since the time I broke my arm when I was 8 years old. I also have a knack for details and picking up on what shouldn't be there. That all said, it's the third hardest residency to achieve, with plastic surgery and dermatology being numbers one and two. I'm also interested in cardiology and pediatrics, as the heart is fascinating and children are much more honest and fun to deal with, haha.

My time in Chicago will be my internship year, or Post Graduate Year (PGY) 1, where I'll spend 6-12 weeks in all major fields of medicine, in a "Scrubs" sort of scenario. Towards the end of PGY1, I take a second board exam and begin interviewing for a residency position for PGY2. I should hopefully start my first rotation by mid September the latest, barring any hiccups in administrative paperwork filing.

·
addicted to speed
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this to do!

MB Financial Park at Rosemont (5501 Park Place) proudly presents its inaugural luxury sports car show, “Elegance in Motion Car Classic” this summer. Hosted by Dave Miller of the popular automotive website Drive with Dave, modern and vintage automobiles will be on display for MB Financial Park guests to enjoy at no cost. The show is open to visitors from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. every Saturday from August 9 through September 27. Registration is between 10:30 and 11:30 am. Future shows are accepting all forms of cars, bikes, and trucks.

The Elegance in Motion Car Classic at MB Financial Park will thrill car enthusiasts with a variety of high-end automobiles from luxury retailers including Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, Cobra and Lamborghini. The exhibit will take place around the MB Financial Park center drive and will highlight the sleek nature, stylish lines and the rumble of high-performance engines that will delight sports car fans of all ages.

Visitors of the Elegance in Motion Car Classic can also indulge in the international cuisine and vibrant entertainment of the 13 venues at MB Financial Park. Parking is available in the MB Financial Park parking garage and is free with validation from any of the park’s venues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts