McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have a dealer telling me they can sell mine for $75k to $100K over but I am not interested right now.
it must be that curaçao blue color !

fwiw; so far six 765 have been delivered through my dealer . 4 of them have msrp >$525k

Reactions: sblvro

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is that the build cost or market adjustment included?
build cost . 12 of the 16 will have roof scoop.

2 of the other six without roof scoop delivered so far had msrp of $450k and $392k msrp

the delivered ones so far are on mclaren San Francisco Flickr account

Reactions: Spr

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I don’t believe Mclaren has a market adjustments. I Have never seen it on any Mclaren. That’s usually a corvette thing. Lol.
Some 720 launch editions brand new by my way had market adjustments of $25k-$50k

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Feel really sorry for anyone that paid those.
I feel sorry for the people on car forums who get suckered by others spewing fake news and for people who have very little real life understanding of how this whole thing works but talk from an authoritative point of view on car forums and various social media outlets.

I've said it many times and will say it again; car forum posters do NOT represent real world thoughts

Reactions: Coincid

·
Registered
384 Posts
I feel sorry for the people on car forums who get suckered by others spewing fake news and for people who have very little real life understanding of how this whole thing works but talk from an authoritative point of view on car forums and various social media outlets.

I've said it many times and will say it again; car forum posters do NOT represent real world thoughts
No clue what or who that is referring to, but ok. My “real world” is that I bought my 720s a few months after release. Got a nice discount as it was my third Mclaren. When I sold it I took a hit. Like I said I feel sorry for someone who paid a premium for a launch edition car as they took a huge hit. Sucks to lose money on cars and feel sorry for them.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don’t believe Mclaren has a market adjustments. I Have never seen it on any Mclaren. That’s usually a corvette thing. Lol.
some ppl who wanted an early 720s in the US indeed had it. 25-50k was what I was told the dealers were asking, but not sure everyone really paid it ... Basically that was the mark up for having a 2018 Launch Edition at some dealers

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I got a 2018 Launch car and did not pay over. In fact they added PPF in.
I know one person from McLaren Scottsdale (while the dealership was still with the previous owner) who did ...

as I said I don't think all dealers did that but if you were new to the brand and wanted an early 720s it seems to have happened at several dealers ...

@unmac probably knowing more about the CA dealers seems to also know about such adjustments ... whenever I hear stories about California the market seems to be little different in the Western US anyway (regarding demand, discounts etc.) than most other parts of the world.

·
Registered
167 Posts
it must be that curaçao blue color !

fwiw; so far six 765 have been delivered through my dealer . 4 of them have msrp >$525k
That’s astonishing. I didn’t think I was missing much on my spec. I guess I left off more than I thought I did.

$358,000 - Base MSRP
$4,050 - Transport
$5,430 - Elite Paint - Chicane Effect
$24,140 - Exterior Carbon Fiber Pack 2
$9,410 - Carbon Diffuser
$1,820 - Stealth Pack
$2,860 - Carbon Fiber Front Air intakes
$12,370 - MSO Rear Carbon Aero Bridge
$7,580 - Super Lightweight Carbon Fiber Racing Seats (Touring)
$3,030 - Alcantara with Black Stitching
$8,470 - Double Glazed Engine Window
$2,820 - Carbon Fiber Secondary Interior Components
$390 - Homelink
$4,370 - MSO Carbon Sill
$1,740 - 360 Degree Park Assist
$1,700 - McLaren Track Telemetry with Lap Function and Three Cameras
$260 - Lithium Ion Charger
$700 - Branded Car Cover
$480 - MSO Defined Key Color - Chicane Effect

$449,620

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
That’s astonishing. I didn’t think I was missing much on my spec. I guess I left off more than I thought I did.

$358,000 - Base MSRP
$4,050 - Transport
$5,430 - Elite Paint - Chicane Effect
$24,140 - Exterior Carbon Fiber Pack 2
$9,410 - Carbon Diffuser
$1,820 - Stealth Pack
$2,860 - Carbon Fiber Front Air intakes
$12,370 - MSO Rear Carbon Aero Bridge
$7,580 - Super Lightweight Carbon Fiber Racing Seats (Touring)
$3,030 - Alcantara with Black Stitching
$8,470 - Double Glazed Engine Window
$2,820 - Carbon Fiber Secondary Interior Components
$390 - Homelink
$4,370 - MSO Carbon Sill
$1,740 - 360 Degree Park Assist
$1,700 - McLaren Track Telemetry with Lap Function and Three Cameras
$260 - Lithium Ion Charger
$700 - Branded Car Cover
$480 - MSO Defined Key Color - Chicane Effect

$449,620

you left out the crazy priced stuff

• scoop 38k
  • lightweight panels 38k
  • track pack pro 40k
  • MSO bespoke color interior (15k or more depending on materials)
;-)

Reactions: Cadster
21 - 40 of 69 Posts