McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since someone asked elsewhere and I wasn't sure, what's the best mpg you've gotten?

Anyone done a full-blown snoozefest and cruised consistently for a long period of time at like 65-70 on the highway? Any idea what can of mpg to expect best case? I've heard like 24-25, though of course getting a bit liberal with he throttle no doubt brings that way down.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
So, since someone asked elsewhere and I wasn't sure, what's the best mpg you've gotten?

Anyone done a full-blown snoozefest and cruised consistently for a long period of time at like 65-70 on the highway? Any idea what can of mpg to expect best case? I've heard like 24-25, though of course getting a bit liberal with he throttle no doubt brings that way down.
Drove 230 miles on a steady throttle at 75/85 up and down hills and got 31mpg,but I was trying for the best to keep myself occupied as it was through the night:)
That's 4.54 lts to 3.78 lts,something us Brits do have bigger than you guys over the pond!!

·
Registered
314 Posts

Road trip with cruise control @ 70 got me 25.4

·
Registered
964 Posts
Best I've seen is 30.5mpg over a 1.16hour drive- I was so impressed that I took a photo..:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Averaged 27 on the drive back from Big Bend Road Race last year. That's about 32mpg in UK gallons. Had cruise control set to 80, was about a 7 hour drive overall

·
Registered
691 Posts
32.2 for 90 minute drive to Willow Springs (measuring from fillup-to-fillup and doing the math). The trip computer said I got 31.8. I've gotten over 30 multiple times, though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Average is between 16 and 18 MPG, best maybe 21 to 22 MPG, probably because a gallon of fuel in CA contains less power than a TX gallon.......lol

truth is, I actually have very small feet!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Best consumption was 9,4l/100km =25mpg us= 30mpg uk. The worst was 200km with a fuel tank. All in all a pretty fuel efficient car if you carefull wiith the throttle

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I test minimum mpg every fill-up! ;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
My worst mileage was at COTA, one gallon per 3.4 mile lap!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
5 mpg on track, 11:mpg when stolen, 14 mpg on the back lanes, 21 mpg over 9000 miles, 31 mpg cruising at 80 mph on motorways.

Not as good as Porsche mpg but more fun, honest I cannot tell a lie. Well GT3 RS excepted.

·
Smitten
285 Posts
Recently hit just short of 39.5 during a mostly downhill cruise control run out of the Rondane National Park in Norway.

Lifetime average currently :

(before the last trip was more like 16.1, but a lot of cruising has lifted it up. I plan to remedy this at the Ring on Thursday).

·
Registered
20 Posts
totally jealous of the high MPGs......been getting sub 10MPG (US) but I am new to the car, hopefully it will get better.

But right now I have a question for brotherharry....lifetime speed of 17km/h????? how does that work? You must be a patient man when going somewhere.:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,
Having enjoyed the many discussions on this forum, thought I'd share my thoughts. Enjoyed my 12c for the past 12 months, superb car....

IMG_4898.jpg

mpg for a 2000k+mile road trip from London, Provence, Monaco, Lake Como, Frurka and Grimsal pass, Belgium, the Ardenne and home... some spirited driving and still resulted in a creditable 25.1mpg (uk)... better than my daily commute mini JCW!!

At the top of the Furka... great mountains!

IMG_4852.jpg

·
Smitten
285 Posts
But right now I have a question for brotherharry....lifetime speed of 17km/h????? how does that work? You must be a patient man when going somewhere.:)
Was parked up at the time of shot so guessing the brain got a bit confused by being at 0 speed for a while...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts