McLaren Life banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Bizarrely I like my Ferrari V12 more now after getting the 765LT, than I liked it when I had my 720S.

I think it's because the 720S did comfort so well, that it didn't allow the Ferrari to shine. Whereas the 765LT is so wonderfully raw that it allows the Ferrari to shine in terms of comfort and luxury. As the Ferrari cannot hope to compete in dynamics or how it drives.

I'm happier with the 765LT/Ferrari Lusso V12 pairing than I was with the 720S/Ferrari pairing.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The 765LTS was unexpected. Was looking at a GT car and was about to pull the trigger on a high spec F12 for V12 symphony. Called the McLaren dealer before pulling the trigger and asked if can guarantee me an LTS, he said yes and I let the F12 go and took delivery of LTS.

FWIW, I feel these cars are very different. The 765LT coupe is my first McLaren. I feel in love right away. My wife also. We drove from the dealer to the track 300mi away, then drove it hard in 100 degrees heat on a lapping day. Car was consistent, reliable and next level. Cheapened all my Porsche GTx track experiences, even my favorite old school 997.2 GT3 RS from am engagement POV.

Driving the 765LTS was another notch of Comfort down from the C on 765LT coupe at its T and T settings for handling and powertrain. My wife likes it more and so do most McLaren customers. However, I want something you need to respect at all times, keeps you at the edge of your seat and razor sharp. I find the difference enough to justify both. I love looking at them. Very curious how these cars will age.
Interesting. I owned a coupe for a season and switched to a spider. Perhaps my senses have become numb, but I don’t detect any real difference in driving dynamics between the two (street use). My conclusion was that the differences are subtle although perhaps they’re more obvious if jumping between the cars on the same day.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
and.....OP dissapears not divulging which dealer screwed him.
his dealer didn’t screw him . It’s a misleading posting . People think that having an “interest” deposit is the same thing as having an allocation .

there would have been a riot at that dealer with other owners who have a long history of buying cars that weren’t able to get a 765 spider if Ron was able to get an allocation without adm .

He’s bought two cars ; both used ; one from a Mac dealer and one from private party . Made a mess on these forums with warranty and modifying cars ; threw his servicing dealer under the bus ; champions the use of independent techs ….. he’s the last type of person who would get one of these without paying an ADM - fwiw ; he’s posted all these things on the forums .

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
his dealer didn’t screw him . It’s a misleading posting . People think that having an “interest” deposit is the same thing as having an allocation .

there would have been a riot at that dealer with other owners who have a long history of buying cars that weren’t able to get a 765 spider if Ron was able to get an allocation without adm .

He’s bought two cars ; both used ; one from a Mac dealer and one from private party . Made a mess on these forums with warranty and modifying cars ; threw his servicing dealer under the bus ; champions the use of independent techs ….. he’s the last type of person who would get one of these without paying an ADM - fwiw ; he’s posted all these things on the forums .

It's all lining up now...

·
Owner
735 Posts
My FOK was last Friday and LTS is now waiting for Shipment - on time
Congrats man! Must be exciting. Does anyone know the average time it has taken them from FOK to delivery in the US?

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,873 Posts
I think you should spill the beans on which dealer this is. No need to protect shady business practices. Every allocation should have gone to an actual client last year. Dealers submitted the names and McLaren NA approved from the list. If he's telling you this now, that means they used a bogus client list to secure an LT model for themselves. That is not cool especially if you had a deposit on it all this time. To my knowledge, all of the builds were locked in many months ago so how are you expected to even spec it?
It was Newport Beach. Didn't mean to be secretive or to disappear; just didn't login to McLife in a while. Thx Unmac for a one-sided description of my activity on the Forums over the years. You've taken good notes. I'm impressed! Haha! NOT! Actually, I am rather INSULTED!

You are correct that I purchased 2 USED Macs. I guess that makes me a second-class citizen in the eyes of dealers. I didn't have the means to purchase a new one 8 yrs ago when I purchased my first one. But now I do...

I'm an avid long-term McLaren-owner enthusiast, Founding President of the San Diego McLaren Club, very active in the McLaren Owner Community, and known in our local area as a McLaren "brand ambassador". All of my posts have always been written to try to help other McLaren owners and never to bash the brand in any way. Just annoyed that I thought I had an allocation and never did in spite of deposit taken. My salesman contacted me back in Sept and said "We might have an allocation for you but you need to send your deposit today." I am further annoyed when I see people flipping LT Spiders online for an obscene profit when a long-term owner-enthusiast can't get one. I had nice phone conversation with Nicolas Brown about this (Couldn't believe he actually returned my call!). Oh well. First world problems. I still have a paid-off 720S to drive. Life's not too bad. :) Considering a 765LT coupe at about $100k over MSRP now. We'll see.

·
Registered
542 Posts
With the wheel on that side??😂
It's at the dealer being prepped/detailed, and now the steering wheel is on the RIGHT side!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

These photos do not do Volcano blue justice. Even in artificail light it ranges from deep purple to dark blue then light blue in the highlights. Can't wait to see it in the sun.

Ordered Black pack with rear CF panels. Interestingly the aerobridge is visual CF (didn't order that) in the rear panel but the door winglets are gloss black. Will get the visual CF winglets.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts