McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,873 Posts
I had a deposit on one... Now my sales guy told me he was just told to collect as many deposits as he could and then the dealer would "select" one or 2 for their limited allocations. So, a deposit doesn't mean anything unfortunately unless your dealer "selects" you to receive an allocation

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I had a deposit on one... Now my sales guy told me he was just told to collect as many deposits as he could and then the dealer would "select" one or 2 for their limited allocations. So, a deposit doesn't mean anything unfortunately unless your dealer "selects" you to receive an allocation
If you haven’t specced your car by now you aren’t getting one. Mine was specced a year ago. September scheduled delivery.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That’s very shady behaviour, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not illegal here, but I guess that depends on your local laws. Definitely not a way to win long standing customers.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

which dealer? that is one i would avoid as ALL costs next time. Your sales guy knew dam well what he was doing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, that‘S BS. I’d be pretty pissed if it was me. I put my deposit down last year in April and spec’ed my car in August. If they pulled something like that on me I would NOT be happy.

·
Owner
730 Posts
I think you should spill the beans on which dealer this is. No need to protect shady business practices. Every allocation should have gone to an actual client last year. Dealers submitted the names and McLaren NA approved from the list. If he's telling you this now, that means they used a bogus client list to secure an LT model for themselves. That is not cool especially if you had a deposit on it all this time. To my knowledge, all of the builds were locked in many months ago so how are you expected to even spec it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wife has had her 765LTS in Tokyo Cyan for a couple months now. Here's a couple pics from our mother's day drive with the kids.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

My local McLaren dealer said it well. The 765LT coupe tries to kill you. That is what I like. The 765LTS is relaxed, easier to approach and tuned more for lifestyle. That is what she prefers.

Just when I think they are redundant, I drive them both and reinforces to me that these are the best modern driver's car on the market. I don't even miss manual.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Wife has had her 765LTS in Tokyo Cyan for a couple months now. Here's a couple pics from our mother's day drive with the kids.

View attachment 220855

My local McLaren dealer said it well. The 765LT coupe tries to kill you. That is what I like. The 765LTS is relaxed, easier to approach and tuned more for lifestyle. That is what she prefers.

Just when I think they are redundant, I drive them both and reinforces to me that these are the best modern driver's car on the market. I don't even miss manual.

View attachment 220854
That colour with the orange calipers is hard to beat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do u feel the same way having both?

Really such a difference ?
The 765LTS was unexpected. Was looking at a GT car and was about to pull the trigger on a high spec F12 for V12 symphony. Called the McLaren dealer before pulling the trigger and asked if can guarantee me an LTS, he said yes and I let the F12 go and took delivery of LTS.

FWIW, I feel these cars are very different. The 765LT coupe is my first McLaren. I feel in love right away. My wife also. We drove from the dealer to the track 300mi away, then drove it hard in 100 degrees heat on a lapping day. Car was consistent, reliable and next level. Cheapened all my Porsche GTx track experiences, even my favorite old school 997.2 GT3 RS from am engagement POV.

Driving the 765LTS was another notch of Comfort down from the C on 765LT coupe at its T and T settings for handling and powertrain. My wife likes it more and so do most McLaren customers. However, I want something you need to respect at all times, keeps you at the edge of your seat and razor sharp. I find the difference enough to justify both. I love looking at them. Very curious how these cars will age.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Interesting to hear the differences. My spider arrives in about a week with my original intention being to keep both for a few months and then decide which I wanted to sell to most likely get an F12. Really looking forwards to comparing the two. I think it may be a difficult decision. Might end up keeping both. They are the best of the last of an era.

Reactions: shack and sstho

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interesting to hear the differences. My spider arrives in about a week with my original intention being to keep both for a few months and then decide which I wanted to sell to most likely get an F12. Really looking forwards to comparing the two. I think it may be a difficult decision. Might end up keeping both. They are the best of the last of an era.
I like the F12 thought. I drove the 765LT to the dealer 300mi away from me. The car felt old, clunky, and was reminded how I hate puddles mounted to the steering column (no rationale for that; imagine if your 991 GT3 RS had that... it would destroy the connectivity and be super frustrating) but sounded amazing with the Fi Exhaust mod. White with red interior and I love the looks of the F12. The F12 was $50-70k cheaper then versus now and I don't think that car holds up as well as 765LTS IMHO. No FOMO after test drive, but am looking for another test drive soon to see if I still feel the same way. Local F-car dealer has a nice F12, but glad they priced it $50k over what I am willing to pay today. Haha.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I like the F12 thought. I drove the 765LT to the dealer 300mi away from me. The car felt old, clunky, and was reminded how I hate puddles mounted to the steering column (no rationale for that; imagine if your 991 GT3 RS had that... it would destroy the connectivity and be super frustrating) but sounded amazing with the Fi Exhaust mod. White with red interior and I love the looks of the F12. The F12 was $50-70k cheaper then versus now and I don't think that car holds up as well as 765LTS IMHO. No FOMO after test drive, but am looking for another test drive soon to see if I still feel the same way. Local F-car dealer has a nice F12, but glad they priced it $50k over what I am willing to pay today. Haha.
I really don't get the mounting of paddles on the column. I've used both, and having them on the wheel is light years better. I spoke to a guy who bought a Pista about a month ago, and he was asking if I was going to "upgrade" to a 720, after telling him I didn't think the 720 was worth the extra outlay, I asked if he'd ever driven a 720 (he said he cross-shopped with the Ferrari). Of course he hadn't, and asked if I thought it was better than what he'd bought. I advised him not to drive one...... lol.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts