McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a set of track wheels and tires and I'm planning on running without TPMS.
Has anyone ran into any issue running without TPMS?

·
Registered
83 Posts
you will get the constant warning on the dash, but other than that i dont think you will have any issues.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tpms

Question for Mclaren Tech. To avoid the constant dash warning. Will the car recognize a second set of TPMS. I would like to have the option of two sets of wheels without having to move the TPMS each time I change wheels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Question for Mclaren Tech. To avoid the constant dash warning. Will the car recognize a second set of TPMS. I would like to have the option of two sets of wheels without having to move the TPMS each time I change wheels.
That should work just fine, obviously you will need a second set of sensors also, But i dont see why the car would not relearn them. I'm in you area quite often, PM me if you need a hand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great, I will contact the dealer for another set of TPMS.
Thanks for your help and will keep in touch.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I switched wheels for a recent track event at Yas (McLaren being kind enough to provide the super lights with corsa tyres free of charge, which I though was very impressive). Did not have any warnings on the dash following the switch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jerry,
Mclaren offering track wheels and tires free of charge is great. Just to clarify... The wheels did not have TPMS and there was no dash warning?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes, I thought the wheels/tyres were a very nice touch.

The replacement wheels were the McLaren super lightweights ... I believe these come as standard with TPMS and therefore I was assuming the car just recognised the new sensors and hence no warning messages. Afraid that I was eating canapés and drinking juice in their hospitality section whilst the techs changed over the wheels so didn't see if they plugged in a laptop or anything similar and didn't really think of asking such questions, sorry not to be more helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jerry,
I guess if I were in the Mclaren hospitality room i wouldn't pay much attention to the car either..
Thanks for the reponse.

Garry

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you Garry. They must be busy preparing for the BIG update :)
They got back to me and your right. They are very busy!!!
Each Sensor $142.32 US Dollars
EachValve stem $42.14

And I'm told the car will automatically recognize the new TPMS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a 12C from Taiwan. I also have a question about the TPMS that I would like to ask. My 12C is german spec and I have purchased a extra set of TPMS from my new wheels from a USA dealer. When I fitted the TPMS, the vehicle did not recognise the new set of TPMS. I was told there might be a frequency difference in the TPMS because it is from a different country. Has anyone encountered this problem before.
Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts