McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Those would be the kind of roads to enjoy one on. Wow!

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
289 Posts
12C for the awesome exhaust growl and fly by around the highland twisties gets my vote!:D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes...............but in the F40.
Your a brave mad Boxer,it would be a little too wide for my liking,those roads do tighten up in area's (usually with the biggest drops and no room for Armco) !!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does shrink around you. Handling is superb. No wider than the 12C.
You learn something new everyday,i had no doubt about the handling,but I just had the impression it was so wide :eek:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
It does shrink around you. Handling is superb. No wider than the 12C.
If I could ask something Boxer, have always heard the F50 actually is the superior car to drive compared to the F40 despite the F40's reputation...did you not consider taking the F50 instead or it was the turn of the F40 this time round? ;)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The F50 sounds great but performance wise it was a bit of a disappointment. The F40 is faster and more engaged... That said, the MP4-12C is faster than both. And way more easier to drive to the limit

·
Administrator
2,721 Posts
The F50 sounds great but performance wise it was a bit of a disappointment. The F40 is faster and more engaged... That said, the MP4-12C is faster than both. And way more easier to drive to the limit
Completely disagree, the F50 is significantly faster around a track and just as engaging. Limits are much higher than the F40.

If I could ask something Boxer, have always heard the F50 actually is the superior car to drive compared to the F40 despite the F40's reputation...did you not consider taking the F50 instead or it was the turn of the F40 this time round? ;)
F50 is IMHO the best drivers car.

For longer trips though, it tends to be the F40 over the F50 due to luggage space. F50 is Ok for a weekend if you pack really really light.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Completely disagree, the F50 is significantly faster around a track and just as engaging. Limits are much higher than the F40.
From the only 1 on 1 track battle between the two that I've ever seen, the F40 was faster.

Best Motoring had the two on the track, Suzuka I think?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the only 1 on 1 track battle between the two that I've ever seen, the F40 was faster.

Best Motoring had the two on the track, Suzuka I think?
Difficult to argue the point Touge,when Boxer has both ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
How fast...

F50 was 2.6 seconds faster around Fiorano than the F40. Main differences are the turbo lag on the F40 and the much weaker brakes.
Would the McLaren MP4-12C be at Fiorano? According to my humble calculations, low 1:22s or maybe even, under 22:s? There are rumors that a Pagani Huayra went under 21s?? Perhaps not that difficult to understand that since Ferrari are claiming 1: m 22.8 +- 1m:23s/lap for the F12.

Pretty strong rumors are circulating that Fernando Alonso did low 1:m 19 s at Fiorano with the La Ferrari..

Pagani is preparing it's S and F and those two is said to have about 30, 60 ps higher output and slightly less weight and t/p, trackpack setup! Probably to match the La Ferrari laptimes.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts