McLaren Life banner

Anyone need a project or parts?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  AWH 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
100k, but IMHO not worth it based on the amount of due diligence required prior to purchase, leg work obtaining parts, various fun intricacies of the MC brand(electronics), state requirements for reinstating a salvaged car and the resell value/lack of ability to trade up(I assume most dealers wont touch it on a trade). Oh and possible liability if you do manage to sell it and something happens.

It's a fun project nonetheless, it just takes the right person to make it work... track car build etc.

Tom

#9 ·
The frame horns are designed to crush, and are easily replaceable. Those carbon tubs are super-strong. TONS of miscellaneous parts up there, though. Adds up quickly. And things like headlights are very expensive, even on the used market.

This one will likely either become a track build (great use for it), or a fix n' flip job. If I didn't already own a 720, I'd consider it for the former.

PS: If anybody reading this is considering buying it, I'd recommend checking the toe settings front and rear in-person. Easily done with a pair of toe plates. If the toe is correct front and rear, then the subframes and suspension are unaffected.

#7 ·
Buyer beware is an understatement with copart sellers and exotics but it is not just limited to exotics. At least this one is honest on it.

One those sellers is going to buy it somewhat cheap. Clean it up a little and slap some body panels on it and resale it on copart again claiming light damage. Seen this constantly on copart since they allow anyone to register.

Before to buy insurance claim vehicles, you had to be a licensed mechanic, salvage yard, etc. Some auctions companies still require that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.