McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Chicane Effect
187 Posts
ok am i seeing shit? isn't that a 570? and it has exhausts at the top?
Definitely a 570S, and yes, someone did the 600LT top exhaust mod to it. There are aftermarket options (some are scary to me as they use epoxy/CF as the exhaust ports) as well as buying the OEM 600LT parts to make it work.

Edit add, from the description: "Custom 600LT style exhaust as shown $9k - 600 LT wheels as shown $5k - P1 Carbon fiber hood as shown $8k - Vorsteiner carbon fiber wing $7k"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Frankly the conversion doesn't seem at all a bad option for someone who doesn't care about modifications. If I understand correctly the exhaust route changes right from the engine so its basically a bolt on. Needs some extra mounting brackets and a new engine cover and thats it.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
224 Posts
Do not buy this car. We tuned this car years ago and it was in really rough shape, rough as in sheet metal screws holding on body panels with a lot of double sided tape. A lot of loose and missing hardware including main subframe bolts, etc... I'm not going to get deep into it but we're amazed to see it not listed as a salvage title. Who knows, it looks like it is being sold by someone other than the owner who had it when we tuned it so it may have been gone through again and done properly.

It never made 1000WHP, if I recall correctly it made 890WHP on GT 260 Plus. It did however trap 152-153 in the 1/4mile.

If anything, I wouldn't touch it without first having a McLaren dealership or very experienced exotic indy tech do a pre purchase inspection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do not buy this car. We tuned this car years ago and it was in really rough shape, rough as in sheet metal screws holding on body panels with a lot of double sided tape. A lot of loose and missing hardware including main subframe bolts, etc... I'm not going to get deep into it but we're amazed to see it not listed as a salvage title. Who knows, it looks like it is being sold by someone other than the owner who had it when we tuned it so it may have been gone through again and done properly.

It never made 1000WHP, if I recall correctly it made 890WHP on GT 260 Plus. It did however trap 152-153 in the 1/4mile.

If anything, I wouldn't touch it without first having a McLaren dealership or very experienced exotic indy tech do a pre purchase inspection.
Would you believe they have it SOLD! Thanks for your honesty. I have rightfully moved on to this one.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
224 Posts
Would you believe they have it SOLD! Thanks for your honesty. I have rightfully moved on to this one.

Absolutely, we generally don't get too involved in sales of cars we have tuned but that one just caught our eye and we know how many corners were cut to make that car "road worthy". Trying to save forum members a headache/heartache. However, like I said it may have been gone through and done right at some point since we tuned it a few years ago.

That new one you posted we know nothing about haha. We cross checked the vin with our database we keep of the hundreds of McLarens we have done and that one hasn't been tuned, at least not by us. Good luck with your hunt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts