McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer sucks my car has been at dealer in Miami called The Collection for 3 plus weeks ! They had 5 ahead of me and they haven't been able to do even 1 car or their demo car ! What a joke they are anyone else having these problems?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
My dealer sucks my car has been at dealer in Miami called The Collection for 3 plus weeks ! They had 5 ahead of me and they haven't been able to do even 1 car or their demo car ! What a joke they are anyone else having these problems?
As you say!! Why even pick up your car until they had done the demo to get a feel on what was needed,just bad organisation :(

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well my car was picked up in Norfolk UK to go to Sevenoaks, Kent, on Friday for upgrades, so lets see who gets theirs back first? I hope that our lot doesn't take that long or else it'll be there 'til after Christmas, and I was reckoning on a week!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well my car was picked up in Norfolk UK to go to Sevenoaks, Kent, on Friday for upgrades, so lets see who gets theirs back first? I hope that our lot doesn't take that long or else it'll be there 'til after Christmas, and I was reckoning on a week!
Ben tells me it takes 2 days minimum so one week turn around is about right

·
Registered
983 Posts
3-4 day turn here. Mine was dropped yesterday, they said it'd be ready friday.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My dealer is saying that there are some parts that need the ordered for each car specifically, per VIN number. I thought this was just a software update. Sounds like the "runaround". It doesn't look I'll be getting it anytime soon.
My dealer has been excellent so far, hopefully I'm just overreacting.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine was done last week in less than 4 days, including the annual maintenance operations. They told me there was roughly 2 full days of work on each car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yes, there are VIN specific parts. Radio antenna, door latches, nav, etc. I don't think they're giving you the runaround. Although I've been trying to schedule mine, unsuccessfully. Like the OP asked, anyone in US get theirs done yet?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
senna1994 has had his car done through Newport Beach and should be along to comment on the time it took shortly.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
983 Posts
Timbo, I'm in SF, US - it's in process. The parts ARE VIN specific, and McLaren in Woking is apparently being a bit stingy with releasing parts. It is NOT just a software update.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I dropped my car off 2 Mondays ago and it was ready on the following Friday (total of 4 days) from McLaren Newport. I have to say that is the finest dealership I have ever done business with, they were outstanding. The changes IMHO truly change the personality of the car for the better. :D

Oh by the way this USA dealership.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I know that Park Place in Dallas has done some cars. I'm waiting for my appointment - I told them that I have a track weekend coming up on December 15/16 so am hoping I'll have extra horsepower! The dealer tells me its a minimum three-day job, plus I've a few other niggles to fix so I anticipate at least one week without my baby

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I dropped my car off 2 Mondays ago and it was ready on the following Friday (total of 4 days) from McLaren Newport. I have to say that is the finest dealership I have ever done business with, they were outstanding. The changes IMHO truly change the personality of the car for the better. :D

Oh by the way this USA dealership.
I hung out with the Newport guys at the Austin F1 - they seemed like real car guys, knowledgeable about stuff and genuine enthusiasts, so its good to hear that they also run a good dealership

·
Registered
103 Posts
our professional technician team with their manager support did it in 8 hours.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Mines been away for 11 days so far. Apparently one of the control units failed/froze during the update and they are now waiting for a replacement from MTC. Fortunately I have 1 of their demonstrators as a courtesy vehicle so I'm being fairly relaxed about the whole thing for now.

(I accept this is not US related but it appears to have become a global thread as these things often do!)

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Completed in 2 days in Canada. The Nav update was a separate piece that arrived on a USB stick, but they received it in time to get it all done within the 2 days.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Looks like all of us Texas boys are playing the waiting game! Has Park Place done a single customer car yet?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I know that Park Place in Dallas has done some cars. I'm waiting for my appointment - I told them that I have a track weekend coming up on December 15/16 so am hoping I'll have extra horsepower! The dealer tells me its a minimum three-day job, plus I've a few other niggles to fix so I anticipate at least one week without my baby
I'd be happy with getting the old gear shifting back. The current v9 sucks!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts