McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Smitten
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of a long shot.

I'm off with the car to Norway in a few weeks and final piece of the Roadtrip plan is last few nights in Oslo centre.

Need a bit of help figuring out how accessible the car park is below the Grand Hotel in Oslo centre. I've been told it's "steep" but I'm more worried about the width and any nasty kerbs.

Could do with an on site picture really and wondered if anyone one here could help...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I pass Oslo Tuesday but confess will not be near the Hotel but why not pose the question to the staff as customer service is the priority. It is easy to take a pic so they have no excuse to deny your interest!

Sorry. To be a SA.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I hope you pair will take some photos whilst you're there.. to help me plan my trip next year..;)
We're not doing Oslo but going to Drammen for the tunnel up to the viewing point...:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I lived in Oslo for five years. If I remember correctly, the Grand's carpark is twisty, steep and bumpy. Of course, they could have fixed it since my time....
Oslo is a beautiful city and there are some amazing roads further North, but make sure you take your radar detector!

·
Smitten
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers lads. Managed to unearth the Grand's Garage page on their website. If they can get an XKR down there, I reckon should be ok. 12C is shorter, narrower and 20mm more ground clearance.

My MSO other half (lightweight, extravagant, expensive) is along for the ride too, so will be pressed into photography duty. Maybe even some cheeky video. Particularly looking forward to the tunnels and this stretch of Highway 17 on the way back from Lofoten. Going to be epic.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
You may need snow tyres, I will be Mo-y-Rana at the end of next week but on two wheels so will let you know...........oh, and are you fitting a Roo bar on the front to deflect the Reindeer?

·
Smitten
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may need snow tyres, I will be Mo-y-Rana at the end of next week but on two wheels so will let you know...........oh, and are you fitting a Roo bar on the front to deflect the Reindeer?
MSO Roo Bars are pretty expensive and reckong they might be a bit fragile too:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts