McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on FM, and I'm going make a preset. For example, ABBA is currently playing on KMAX 100.7 (according to the RDS info). Depending on when I press-hold the preset button, I could end up with the preset label being set to ABBA. And the label doesn't change for the next song(s). Seems like a pretty stupid bug, that IRIS would stamp the preset with whatever is on the screen rather than the call letters or frequency. I don't recall this pre-v12.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess I should have specified, please stay on topic (at least until someone can post a serious reply). Seems every thread on these forums gets derailed eventually, usually by ********* :(

I'm partially to blame, I should have made it clearer. Pick one of the following:

(1) my label got set to call letters/frequency
(2) my preset label changes with each song
(3) my label sticks to the name of song/artist when it was set, and never changes

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I guess I should have specified, please stay on topic (at least until someone can post a serious reply). Seems every thread on these forums gets derailed eventually, usually by ********* :( Just looking for straight concise answers.
Didn't have it

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I guess I should have specified, please stay on topic (at least until someone can post a serious reply). Seems every thread on these forums gets derailed eventually, usually by ********* :(

I'm partially to blame, I should have made it clearer. Pick one of the following:

(1) my label got set to call letters/frequency
(2) my preset label changes with each song
(3) my label sticks to the name of song/artist when it was set, and never changes
Sorry :eek:
The winner takes it all.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Just tried it and it stored the station name once and the song name once. Pretty lazy. V12 as well. Too bad nobody is taking it seriously.

None of my friends would be so stupidly impatient
Mama Mia ! Didn't mean to offend anyone . I'll send out and SOS ...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just tried it and it stored the station name once and the song name once. Pretty lazy. V12 as well. Too bad nobody is taking it seriously.
Walt, thanks for trying on your end. Best I can tell it stores whatever RDS is on the screen at the time of the long press. IRIS needs a preset label editor.

Can close this thread now.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Walt, thanks for trying on your end. Best I can tell it stores whatever RDS is on the screen at the time of the long press. IRIS needs a preset label editor.

Can close this thread now.
if you change your mind ....................

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
This thread is money, money, money... :D

>8^)
ER

1 - 20 of 37 Posts