McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the latest software upgrades etc the play back quality from iPod/iphone on my car seams much worse than it used to be.

Its as if every few seconds it loses some data

Anyone have this or do I just need the software reloaded?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
mine seems to take time to warm up????????? After 10 mins its ok,never thought electronic things needed warming up? But what do i know!!

·
Name: Dimitri
37 Posts
mine dont need warmup but 1 time over 10 it just say no source and dont find ipod, and radio stays off and no way to turn it on unless you shut down the car

·
Registered
144 Posts
have not had any problems with music transfer yet, but I can say that the IRIS/Meridian system sucks. I just cant believe that Mclaren would have chosen to use this system. I think my 1984 Z28 in high school had a better system

Is it just me, or does everyone else NOT hear any music until the volume is turned up to "45" or higher? Just seems odd, that the system would be calibrated this way.

Also, has anyone plugged in their ipod and selected radio on the ipod as the source? does the radio reception come in better from the ipod this way? I kind of feel that radio reception is terrible.

Has anyone heard if the factory is considering "another update" to the IRIS system?

Honestly the IRIS system is my only complaint that I have about this car since I have gotten it.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
The 45 thing is a meridian trademark .i think whales , abominable snowmen and bats hear it below that .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Funny - I am also having trouble with my Meridian system. Twice froze today where no volume and couldnt change channels. After turning car on and off a few times finally came to life. Also, one pf the presets buttons is possessed. When I hit it the channel preset comes on - 96.9, but within 15 sec it always goes to an unrelated channel - 104.1

Not sure how to reset. Which is the 'home' button you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Funny - I am also having trouble with my Meridian system. Twice froze today where no volume and couldnt change channels. After turning car on and off a few times finally came to life. Also, one pf the presets buttons is possessed. When I hit it the channel preset comes on - 96.9, but within 15 sec it always goes to an unrelated channel - 104.1

Not sure how to reset. Which is the 'home' button you mentioned?
The big volume nob, press it for 5 seconds and it will reset.

I still have not gotten the Iris to recognice my Ipod touch. Will recognize my Iphone 4S just fine via Bluetooth. I agree that it is ridiculous to have to turn up the volume to 45 - 50 before getting any decent volume.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reset doesn't always work. IRIS was working fine, but when turned off car, and started it up again, nothing. No BT, no radio, no USB media, no presets even. Several resets did nothing (screen went blank then came back, but not the usual "spinning reboot" sequence I remember). I thought for sure the IRIS was toast. Next day started up, and IRIS was fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have 2013 update on the 2012 car just got. On first full day of driving, maybe 120 mi, had 3-4 issues with radio freezing, presets jumping around, no volume.... Only after turning car off maybe 10min did it reset. A bit of a bummer as Essentially almost new car. Otherwise only other issue has been finicky doors..

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I have 2013 update on the 2012 car just got. On first full day of driving, maybe 120 mi, had 3-4 issues with radio freezing, presets jumping around, no volume.... Only after turning car off maybe 10min did it reset. A bit of a bummer as new car. Otherwise only other is finicky door..
What about door? Remote solves everything for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem in my car after the latest software, some time i need to press the home button for 5 seconds to reset the system, to get the radio and the ipod connection work

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

The older software it was better

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Did McLaren Electronics develop all the software on this car? If so, I'm amazed that any F1 car makes it around a track!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts