McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I would love to, but I'm not convinced that it will be untraceable if any warranty work is required on the car. Fabspeed has indicated that it is undetectable once removed, I'm not sure about that due to the changes that occur and the monitoring / memory built into the car. We need a guinea pig, who has installed had a failure or warranty issue resolved without any glitches. If there is someone who has had experience with that it would be great to know. Cheers....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Evoms posted on Teamspeed two days ago that software has now been tested on the 10.2 update. Pretty impressive gains, but I too question how "untraceable" the mod is once removed for warranty work. Also, anyone know how easy it is to remove? Evoms says it is plug and play harness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They sent me a brochure on it. Its got the same connectors as OEM you just run it inline.
So removing it is visibly untraceable. But as suggested its possible for the ECU to track all manner of things including power cycles from being unplugged etc. It also depends on how they trick the sensors to gain the power. I assume as CEL is not set that they are not triggering any codes.
So perhaps the ECU cant "see" anything other than normal sensor signals.
In which case it would be invisible.

Id be game. Have to save enough for the car itself first though..!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Meanwhile we're a few upgrades further so will the piggy bag stuff still work? As I understand the most important gain is the increased turbo pressure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts