McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'll need to swap parking spots with a colleague at the office if I want to drive my new Spider to work. I can wriggle out of my 458 but the 12C's doors have me worried. How do others cope?

Also, how will I go if I want to transport my car in an enclosed truck? A bunch of us go to Alice Springs each year and truck our cars in. Again, are there any tips?

·
Smitten
285 Posts
Well if I can get a 12C into a UK multi-storey car park and still get out, I reckon you should be fine out in the colonies where's there's a touch more space.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is amazing how pliable the human body is. Someone must have crawled out of the windows on those cars. Just check the window sills afterwards :p

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is amazing how pliable the human body is. Someone must have crawled out of the windows on those cars. Just check the window sills afterwards :p
Thinking back, I parked them both and got out the doors. The windows can't be left down during transport due to dust. With my Porsche I was able to close the windows after getting out due to the door-mounted switch. I'm a bit skinnier than the driver who wouldn't touch the cars.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
They removed the unlimited speed limits in the NT, only stinky bloody Abos in Alice Springs so I'm at a loss as to why you'd want to go?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
How to get out from your MP4-12C :)

Finally, I think I will not have to change my parking place
I think the solution in this case is to hire a couple of munchkins, nothing like making things unforgiving and tight. I know we like things tight but really does it have to be that tight. The side panels on this trailer should be hinged from above and below and possibly divided into two or three sections. Of course it all depends on the length of the trailer, so a total of six openings would be achieved. These openings would be on the left side for those who of us who drive on the right and vis versa. You think in this day and age that they would come up with something that doesn't require a contortionist or for that matter a munchkin. Cheers....??

G

·
0 Posts
I think I'll need to swap parking spots with a colleague at the office if I want to drive my new Spider to work. I can wriggle out of my 458 but the 12C's doors have me worried. How do others cope?

Also, how will I go if I want to transport my car in an enclosed truck? A bunch of us go to Alice Springs each year and truck our cars in. Again, are there any tips?
The company that manages the distribution of all McLarens, has enclosed transporters with side doors, so there's always room. I believe they have a sub-contractor in Australia who can do the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts