McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any videos or races ? i know the ultimate street race shows both running 10.8 but that before updates so in theory should whip the aventador now . anyone ? :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
You live in Miami...it only takes 5 minutes to find one (video tape it for us)! I used to live south of fifth on the beach...so many cool cars!

·
Registered
560 Posts
i raced one on a track.
ofcourse it depends on driver, but he had a hard time staying with me in the turns and on the straight i pulled slightly until about 160.

·
Registered
98 Posts
FWIW, even before the update the power/weight ratio of the MP4 was slightly better than the Aventador, now it's has a clear advantage.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I personally don't think that an 1/8 mile track counts. Let's see a real race at a 1/4 mile track.
If a 12C will hang with an Aventador off the line in an 1/8 mile, then 1/4 mile would be no problem. I have driven an Aventador around a track, I was not impressed. Interior looks cheap too for a 400k plus car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
On a straight line from a standing start I don't see the MP4 beating an Aventador but on a track with lots of turns I consider the MP4 has advantages.

Interior cheap???? The interior of the lambo is one of the nicest. A little too much Audi in there but quality.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You have to specify Euro vs US spec Aventador. Apparently they are arriving on our shores over 400lbs heavier tested curb weight. Tsk, tsk, these Italians don't know when to quit. Unfortunate for buyers of this fine car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
That's 181kg. wauw. what did they stuff in there? Some cement bags?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
That's 181kg. wauw. what did they stuff in there? Some cement bags?
One article I read speculated that the production car uses an inferior CF manufacturing process vs the Pre-production prototypes, for the chassis. Can't remember where I read that.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
On a straight line from a standing start I don't see the MP4 beating an Aventador but on a track with lots of turns I consider the MP4 has advantages.

Interior cheap???? The interior of the lambo is one of the nicest. A little too much Audi in there but quality.
The interior is cheap, no carbon fiber at all, plastic all over the place, the seats are pretty boring looking. Ok you get a start button similar to a jet plane, and a cool looking digital tach, that is it. My SV's interior is gorgeous.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The interior is cheap, no carbon fiber at all, plastic all over the place, the seats are pretty boring looking. Ok you get a start button similar to a jet plane, and a cool looking digital tach, that is it. My SV's interior is gorgeous.
You’re simply jealous you still have the old model :)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You’re simply jealous you still have the old model :)
Actually in this case I fully agree with Mark. The interior of the Aventador seems a bit gawdy and cheap for a car that expensive. Wish they would have just covered it in Alcantara and carbon and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Its a Lambo. They have made their name of Gaudiness/polarizing styling. You can't fault them for it. What else can they offer compared to Ferrari?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts