McLaren Life banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Doug,

You can park your rig at my shop in North Austin. Plenty of room, we just need to make sure it's secured properly. I keep my trailer parked (and others) there and we have a fully equipped shop.

I may be interested in the event you are attending, let me know the details. There is also a charity event benefiting the Center for Child Protection at COTA on March 22nd that I'm going to. If you want some extra time at COTA, and contribute to a good cause, let me know and I can get you in contact with the organizer.

When you're in town and I'm happy to show you around. Austin has changed a LOT in the past 5-10 years. Maybe you can give me some advice on what I should do with my currently stock 16M...

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Doug,

You can park your rig at my shop in North Austin. Plenty of room, we just need to make sure it's secured properly. I keep my trailer parked (and others) there and we have a fully equipped shop.

I may be interested in the event you are attending, let me know the details. There is also a charity event benefiting the Center for Child Protection at COTA on March 22nd that I'm going to. If you want some extra time at COTA, and contribute to a good cause, let me know and I can get you in contact with the organizer.

When you're in town and I'm happy to show you around. Austin has changed a LOT in the past 5-10 years. Maybe you can give me some advice on what I should do with my currently stock 16M...
Thank You for the offer and it's a deal :)

I know we talked about the one out of VA - but I don't recall seeing pictures. Mods have been fun just got another set of 360 cf handles from Trev he has one set left.

Feb 7 - 9 http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html I know it was close to being sold out.

CCR is March 1 - if they take my trailer to MVP / CCR vs brings their larger trailer it's possible to stay for your event barring no incidents with the car.

All depends on how many guys are going to MVP & CCR from the team ... will send a pm when I know more.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I have my 12C in Austin...have to get serviced at Park Place in Dallas or they hinted at opening a service center in Houston soon. I don't care about driving the car up to Dallas for miles but some like to trailer their cars for service, etc.

I don't know if anyone will get factory certified in Austin but it would be nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ended up picking up the one from FoW (Rosso Scuderia w/ tricolor stripe). Probably neglected sending you pics, I'll get some coming your way through FLife. Really enjoying the car, more than I originally thought I would. I thought I'd keep it only until my 12C Spider came in but the 12C finally gets here next week and the 16M isn't going anywhere. :) Means I have one more car than garage space but... I'll figure something out. ;)

Definitely send me a PM once you have more details. I'd love to go to the MVP event but I'll be in Chicago that week(end).

And like snowhorn said, you just send it up to Dallas for the service work. Having a local factory certified shop in Austin would be nice, but doesn't always guarantee the best work. Technicians are always better at their work AFTER the first time they do it. So perhaps less is more. Fewer places that service the car but they in turn see some volume and that results in higher quality work from the techs.

-Trey

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi all,
This is my first post here. I own a 458 Italia but enjoy coming here to learn about other great cars and to listen to others share their experiences with the 12C. Anyway I'm trying to see if there are any McLarens in the Austin area for two reasons:

1) I just learned that the "Sunshine Kids Cruise to the Capital" has started looking for cars for this years event. The "Cruise to the Capital" event gathers up a number of the "hottest and fastest" cars to take 30 - 50 kids with cancer on a "wild cruise" to the Texas state capital. I volunteered and hope to be included in this event and think it would be great to have an MP4-12C involved as well. More information about the "Sunshine Kids Cruise to the Capital" is available at: http://www.showcars4kids.com/sunshine.asp

2) For the past three years the Austin Cars and Coffee event has been held in Leander, just north of Austin. A couple months ago the official Cars and Coffee event moved into Austin at the Oasis but the Leander Car Show continues the first Sunday of each month. I am usually the only Ferrari there and only once in the past 6 months have I seen a McLaren. If there are any owners in central Texas, it would be great if y'all could attend. The Leander Car Show is a great small town event that often supports a charitable cause each month and you gotta love the look on the kids faces when they see cars such as ours.

Anyway I thought I would give a shout out to y'all in the hopes of seeing more 12C's at these events.

Disclaimer/Disclosure: I have no special interest in either the "Cruise to the Capital" or the "Leander Car Show" other than being a sorta regular participant and a fan of cool cars.
I live in Houston and go to Austin often. I would be glad to drive a kid in the event. Email me: [email protected]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I live in Houston and go to Austin often. I would be glad to drive a kid in the event. Email me: [email protected]
Hi all,
I'll post sometime in May when they are looking for cars for the next Sunshine Kids event. We had 2 or 3 McLarens this year including a P1. The kids love the cars so stay tuned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Here are some pics of the Sunshine Kids Cruise this past June. I love this event!

Attachments

Reactions: snowhorn

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Here are some pics of the Sunshine Kids Cruise this past June. I love this event!
Hey Jazztrip! Indeed it was great doing sunshine kids...I have done it for 2 years now and will continue every year if I am in town!

675LT for the kids this year ;)

Great driving on the track with you yesterday :)

Reactions: jazztrip
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.