McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if any members on this board are lawyers that specialize in the banking industry?

Long story short...

I found out late last week that the lady that helped me open my personal bank account last year has been opening bank accounts using my name and some of my funds back and forth. I did a little research and over the span of the last 10 months she opened up 4 different accounts under my name and have been moving funds back and forth to meet her monthly quota. I found out because a bank manager at another branch told me I have 4 accounts that have a "0" balance and I've been charged with monthly fees because I didn't maintain a minimum balance. Now at this bank I have 3 accounts. One personal checking, one personal savings and my business checking account. I sent an e-mail out to the lady that opened my account last year to question her why she opened all those accounts under my name but she hasn't responded. She always replies to my e-mails or pick up my phone calls and now after that e-mail I sent her she chooses to remain silent. Although those charges have been reversed by the bank I still find it morally wrong for her to be moving my funds between accounts that I'm not even aware of. First off, she shouldn't be opening accounts without my consent and knowledge, second this was obviously not an error and third I noticed that the accounts that were opened without my consent were always opened at the end of the month and closed exactly a month after and then another one opens and closes after a month. I went to another branch today to get a print out of all the account numbers that I had over the past 10 months and the list is almost a page long!!! I talked to that banker and he said this is very strange and I should definitely look into it. I have talked to my attorney but he doesn't specialize in this type of law. He's an entertainment lawyer and my other lawyer specializes in business. I'm hoping someone on here practices law in the banking field can shed some light into this matter. I plan on filing a lawsuit in the 8 digit range for breach of identity theft, fraud, breach of contract (?), wire fraud (?) and etc. I have since moved all funds to accounts at other banks.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'm a lawyer but not licensed to practice in CA. contact your local bar association & see if they can give you a referral list of attorneys in that practice area & best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts