McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here but I am getting more serious in my hunt. I live in the los angeles area and found a nicely optioned used 2012 at beverly hills mclaren. Here is the link to the car.

Now I would normally shy away from such a place as the name to me in general would seem to imply above market prices plus I had a bad experience with another dealership in that same city. But, this car is really my ideal spec and it sure would be convenient to purchase locally. Does anyone have any experience with purchasing through beverly hills mclaren either positive or negative? Also, is there any thing in particular I should be on the look out for when inspecting the vehicle or is a PPI necessary? I tried searching for reviews but did not come up with much. It seems the other dealership near me (Newport Beach) gets stellar reviews.

Below is the attached is the car-fax. Looks clean, one owner and was purchased in August 2012 so it has about 2 years left of warranty. Any thoughts on a good price?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
No feedback personally on BH Mac, but to better know a good price, we need to know the MSRP when new.
The car looks very similarly optioned to my car, which had a MSRP of 293k; that said, this car looks absolutely beautiful on the web site (and Im a blue, not gray fan) , and I think that the asking price, if it did MSRP around 280-290, is a very good asking price. ( I paid a lot more 5 months ago). And really, not sure that youre going to get it for much less. Besides is that 3-4k that you might get off worth you losing the car that you really like to someone else? If it was a dime a dozen Honda civic, I would say yes; this car, not so much.

As far as PPI, I think that its a personal preference, and I would highly recommend if you were buying out of warranty, or from some shady ass private dealer.
But buying from an authorized Mclaren dealer, while the car is still under full warranty, I dont think that you have much to worry about, or the need to get a PPI.

If the car is what you want, and spec'd the way you want, I say go for it, you are certainly not going to be able to spec that car out that way new, and get it for less.
My car was a lot more than I was initially budgeting on a Lambo Gallardo, but I am so happy that I pulled the trigger on my car. Smile everyday

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think thats about right. You may try offering 200k and work from there.
If they know u r serious, im sure you can get it for 200k. I just picked up mines with a msrp of 284k for 202k with 670miles on the meter. Your miles are abit higher , but has more options then mines so even at their asking price, it seems pretty good. As a buyer, you always want to offer the lowest you can, but as an owner, it hurts and depreciates our car value so i can be bias (C=
It never hurts to ask. But youll get a better price when you actually show up at the dealer and maybe with a check/cash (it shows you are more serious). "Aint Nobody Got Time fodat!"
I would check and compare with other dealers as well as cars.com. Thats what I did for over a week and then I came down to what Im willing to pay for a specific car.
Good luck,
lc

·
Registered
156 Posts
The car is pretty much identical to mine. Do it!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
btw, I LOVE MCLAREN PHILLY! <<< Shameless plug... Give them a shot as well. They have quite a collection of pre-owned 12c's on hand. Kevin at sales/Chat the manager/Matt the service guys whom ive dealt with has been extremely patient with my craziness! Cant help but to love those guys! Im sure their patience with me has worn thin, but they kept their coolness the whole time!
lc

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
They had some demo's that were beaten up underneath.

Put it on a lift - personally not a fan of that dealership for good reason.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, "JUST DO IT!"

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
btw, I LOVE MCLAREN PHILLY! <<< Shameless plug... Give them a shot as well. They have quite a collection of pre-owned 12c's on hand. Kevin at sales/Chat the manager/Matt the service guys whom ive dealt with has been extremely patient with my craziness! Cant help but to love those guys! Im sure their patience with me has worn thin, but they kept their coolness the whole time!
lc
Hmmm, sensing a very similar profile here... ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They had some demo's that were beaten up underneath.

Put it on a lift - personally not a fan of that dealership for good reason.
This is what I was afraid of. Its impossible to tell from the carfax if a car was used as a demo, beaten up and/or tracked extensively. This is why I was hoping to get some positive reviews about BH Mclaren. And, of course, it would be naive to think the sales person would volunteer any negative information but rather I am sure one would receive the generic reply...'hey, this car was just traded in by a good client of ours, a doctor, who traded up for a spyder.' The generic reply always seems to involve a doctor!

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
This is what I was afraid of. Its impossible to tell from the carfax if a car was used as a demo, beaten up and/or tracked extensively. This is why I was hoping to get some positive reviews about BH Mclaren. And, of course, it would be naive to think the sales person would volunteer any negative information but rather I am sure one would receive the generic reply...'hey, this car was just traded in by a good client of ours, a doctor, who traded up for a spyder.' The generic reply always seems to involve a doctor!
Their sister dealer screwed me - cracked rear diffuser.

Bought sight unseen wired in full - car get's delivered and the salesman said it could have happened during shipping which is hard to argue.

When I got the service history - it was documented upon inspection as it was a trade in - the service manager wrote up the defective diffuser and noted it to sales. DOCUMENTED

Sales manager said they aren't going to do anything in an e-mail.

Now mind you I asked if there were any defects or alterations.

The calipers were repainted the car was lowered there were chips in the windshield all of which I could live with but for a blatant lie.

A friend wired money who is a member here still bought one - luckily he listened and they sent pictures showing damage - he asked for and received a full refund.

The car may be perfect - just wanted to be honest before a member here gets what I got.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I believe the car is sold. I had a friend looking at the same car and he was told that it was sold. Just call and check with them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I believe the car is sold. I had a friend looking at the same car and he was told that it was sold. Just call and check with them.
Yes, I was told that car has sold. I'm looking at another car at that dealership. Anyone in the area willing to look at it with a critical eye? If so I would very much appreciate it. Please message me for details. Sorry to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just called this afternoon and it was indeed sold over the weekend. Looks like I was 2 days too late in my search! Oh well, I guess there is something always better over the horizon. If anyone knows of a gently used and well optioned one in either grey, silver or black please advise. I was thinking of staying away from the brighter colors though I do think they look the best just to try to stay under the radar screen if that's even possible with this car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just called this afternoon and it was indeed sold over the weekend. Looks like I was 2 days too late in my search! Oh well, I guess there is something always better over the horizon. If anyone knows of a gently used and well optioned one in either grey, silver or black please advise. I was thinking of staying away from the brighter colors though I do think they look the best just to try to stay under the radar screen if that's even possible with this car.
I felt the same, ended up in black. Grey is very nice too. My gtr was gunmetalgrey. I wanted a change. Back to black (C=

There was a carbon black, fire black and saphire black at mclaren philly when I was there earlier today. One of the 2012 black was asking 204k with close to 5k miles on it.

Heres a link to their pre-owned inventory: http://mclaren.rdsautomotivegroup.com/web/inventory/?utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.philadelphia.mclaren.com%2Fcars%2Fpre-owned-inventory

·
Registered
22 Posts
As of a few weeks ago, my previous mp4 (I traded to a 458) was still available at Philly. Car is graphite gray, stealth package, stealth finish lightweight wheels, carbon fiber air brake, carbon fiber interior package, stealth package, fully updated, leather and alcantara seats. Sticker was 272. They've had it for a few months now. With the exception of a faulty trunk sensor, and a navy that would occasionally do nothing but spin in a circle, I never had any of the issues that some of the others have had. I drove it @ 1600 miles in @3 months. Ask for Chad. Good guys in Philly, but you really gotta fight to get the right price. Good luck- the 12c is amazing, and mine seemed to be particularly good (relatively speaking).

·
Registered
207 Posts
As of a few weeks ago, my previous mp4 (I traded to a 458) was still available at Philly. Car is graphite gray, stealth package, stealth finish lightweight wheels, carbon fiber air brake, carbon fiber interior package, stealth package, fully updated, leather and alcantara seats. Sticker was 272. They've had it for a few months now. With the exception of a faulty trunk sensor, and a navy that would occasionally do nothing but spin in a circle, I never had any of the issues that some of the others have had. I drove it @ 1600 miles in @3 months. Ask for Chad. Good guys in Philly, but you really gotta fight to get the right price. Good luck- the 12c is amazing, and mine seemed to be particularly good (relatively speaking).
Adamantine,
I say your car. It has been sold. Chad was showing it to me. I love the alcantra interior.
Car was in great condition. Its already sold to someone by rumson, NJ.
You traded 12c for 458?!? )C=
lc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I felt the same, ended up in black. Grey is very nice too. My gtr was gunmetalgrey. I wanted a change. Back to black (C=

There was a carbon black, fire black and saphire black at mclaren philly when I was there earlier today. One of the 2012 black was asking 204k with close to 5k miles on it.
Thanks Calvin. How did the fire and saphire black compare with your carbon black? Are the color differences very subtle or strikingly different during the daylight? I have never seen anything in person other then the carbon black.

Hi Adamantine. Thanks for the tips. How are you enjoying your 458 compared with the Mclaren?

Ice Silver? At McLaren Dallas. It has a hx. of previous paintwork though!!
Thanks for heads up with the ice silver one, which is quite a striking color. I have noticed this one has been sitting for a while. Perhaps thats the reason. I would certainly be wary of any car with paintwork.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts