McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh. Maybe ! Perhaps the same car Andy c and I saw at Calais after the ring trip..

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Ahh. Maybe ! Perhaps the same car Andy c and I saw at Calais after the ring trip..
Could be,can you remember who the guy was in the passenger seat,was it Julian something???
And im guessing you are flying over as you don't need your own car ??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, but they were both Mclaren employees... Was slightly surprised when Jamie said how was Calais when I got to mtc

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nope, but they were both Mclaren employees... Was slightly surprised when Jamie said how was Calais when I got to mtc
Yes I remember,but I thought one was the European sales director whom I think is called Julian ? But you know how easily I get confused

·
Registered
862 Posts
I did see a guy in a very special pair of red trousers in Geneva recently ... I guess the McLaren must have been parked up nearby and I missed it :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
No, but a known to this forum blue 12C is currently in the Castrol Goodwood adverts apparently!!:eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm trying to get hold of it.. a friend asked if I'd seen the photo of my car as part of the Castrol Advert from Goodwood.... I've been to the kiosk this evening but not found it as yet!
I can't find it online either :( wondering if he's winding me up- but he says he recognised my reg in the advert!
No change as yet planned, however with the tracker once again giving me grief and insurance renewal time, I'm slowly being worn down by the brand....
I'm sure after my drive in the lakes next month I'll be fine once again :D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I'm trying to get hold of it.. a friend asked if I'd seen the photo of my car as part of the Castrol Advert from Goodwood.... I've been to the kiosk this evening but not found it as yet!
I can't find it online either :( wondering if he's winding me up- but he says he recognised my reg in the advert!
No change as yet planned, however with the tracker once again giving me grief and insurance renewal time, I'm slowly being worn down by the brand....
I'm sure after my drive in the lakes next month I'll be fine once again :D
just watch those narrow roads Gary,take care and have fun !

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Gary, if your going to the lakes stay off
Hardknott Pass unless you have 300mm lifting suspension. There last week in a 4x4 and we had to be careful.

·
Registered
964 Posts
mmmm Hardknott is part of the route but were not doing the small top circular bit... that looked very hazardous to me underside...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Wrynose is OK if narrow but the road surface on Hardnott has all but disappeared in one section with the odd blind crest where a 4x4 will take you out........but you can try it and reverse out if it gets tough:eek::D

By the way, when I was 14 years old we camped in Langdale on a school trip. In the evenings I opened the gates for the cars on Wrynose pass ( pre cattle grid days) and made enough tips to go along to the Pub at Dungeon Gyll where you had to put a deposit on a glass to get a drink. Times change.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Thanks for the heads up RIC, I have missed a fair bit out for the trip with the roads- not a lot of chance to reverse!! as I have a group of 12 Porsches following.
Been a few years since I've been and were hoping that by going out of season to have a few less 4 x 4 on the road- that and some superb deals on hotels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts