McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an interesting coincidence I was also looking at the silver 12C spider that ATL12C was looking at but moved on when a deposit was put on it. It was one of several I was looking at it and when the buyer who put the deposit on the car passed (he bought a Ferrari California instead because his wife thought the 12C didn’t have enough space) I moved on it. Drove it 250 miles back home this afternoon, ran flawlessly. First non stick weekend car I have bought - it is a different experience in a good way! Amazing car.

Looking forward to leaning on the forum for answers to stupid questions.
B9C535A1-6B1E-4476-B4F1-17ADEEE7741F.jpeg

·
Registered
709 Posts
very nice
I don't know why silver gets a bad rap. It looks outstanding

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I don’t have the original window sticker, need to find out the exact silver. Is there a paint code sticker on the car like in a Ferrari?

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
719 Posts
@Brownie, Contact your closest dealer with the VIN and they can share all the build info regarding your car, including the specific color code.

Reactions: NOLA12C

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Brownie congrats!! If you're ever in Atlanta or are in the area, give me a shout. Beautiful car, prepare yourself to love it more and more as you drive it!

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
700 Posts
Thanks guys! I don’t have the original window sticker, need to find out the exact silver. Is there a paint code sticker on the car like in a Ferrari?
McLaren doesn't give paint codes. They're so protective of it, if you order paint from them you have to prove why you need it.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Appreciate all of the replies! I paid a visit to ima2nr this afternoon to get the once over on my car. What a great guy and so knowledgeable. Lucky to have him 30 miles away. Luckily no bad surprises, I plan to get his help with the soft touch door upgrade, accumulator replacement and the upgraded hose clamps. No leaks yet but the clamps look original.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
700 Posts
Appreciate all of the replies! I paid a visit to ima2nr this afternoon to get the once over on my car. What a great guy and so knowledgeable. Lucky to have him 30 miles away. Luckily no bad surprises, I plan to get his help with the soft touch door upgrade, accumulator replacement and the upgraded hose clamps. No leaks yet but the clamps look original.
We spoke a bit about your car last night, I went down there last night and we drove today.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts