McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
A member here has both but he is shy and probably won't post . The Lamborghini kills the mac .

·
Owner
166 Posts
A member here has both but he is shy and probably won't post . The Lamborghini kills the mac .
oooh.. Just saw this thread.

I'm sorry to say...The Aventador smashes the McLaren every time, in every gear.

Aventador is so bloody quick (until the gearbox gives up, so far twice in 10 days).

Stranded on the M25 in a bright Orange Lambo.....like a MUGGGGG...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Of course the aventador would be better it's in a different league, 12c is in the 458 league, whatever mclaren has in store for the f1 replacement is the aventador/f12 competitor.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Better in a straight line maybe....I know which I'd rather throw into a corner!
Not even. Shawnrb has both and you can see the MP4-12C's weight advantage at the lower speeds. They are very very even up to 140 mph, then the Aventador's power advantage enables it to pull on the McLaren.

And the single clutch in the Aventador is fast, but it isn't faster than the McLaren's DCT...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I thought the Aventador was dual clutch! No, the Germans support old technology? Wow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The lc on aventador is brutal and it comes off the line better than 12c, after that it's pretty close to 120 and then the aventador starts pulling away.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's cool to be comparing the 12C to the Aventador but shouldn't it be a Gallardo? The Aventador is 150K more expensive and has an extra 100HP, not really and apples to apples comparison.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The stated reason for single clutch was cost if I recall correctly.
That and the oddly fashionable "emotional shift."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts