McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quoted £960.00 plus 20% VAT for service at end of January 2013, when they will also be doing the "BIG ONE!"

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This is what I've been told by the dealer up here in Canada. Annual maintenance is oil change year 1 800.00 approx. year 2 oil and brake fluid 1200.00 approx. year 3 oil change and hydraulic fluid change this is a big one it will be in the 2-3000 range. Cheers....

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sorry I cut and paste the email I received from the dealer and I can see where the confusion comes from. So I have rewritten the area of confusion, in so doing the math does equate to approx 1k per year. That said these figures will be influence by the amount of milage you put on your vehicle. Annual maintenance is oil change 1st year $800.00 approx. 2nd year oil and brake fluid 1200.00 approx. 3rd year oil change and hydraulic fluid change this is a big one it will be in the 2-3000 range.
I hope that clarifies everything, sorry for the confusion. Cheers....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yep Andy you are right

Not paying transport charges, as service being carried out at same time as my P10 upgrade.

OK, bit of a cheapskate by delaying P10 by three weeks to save on the transport costs, but as Tesco say, "every little helps!"

·
Registered
161 Posts
I paid roughly 1800€, which included c. 700 for a filter between the passenger and engine compartments, whose replacement i was told is part of normal annual service!
I was also told that the replacement of suspension fluid was a vey complex operation that was never done unless obliged for the replacement of certain parts. Anyone hezrd the same thing ?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I paid roughly 1800€, which included c. 700 for a filter between the passenger and engine compartments, whose replacement i was told is part of normal annual service!
I was also told that the replacement of suspension fluid was a vey complex operation that was never done unless obliged for the replacement of certain parts. Anyone hezrd the same thing ?
Was the filter part of the ISG?? If so thats true,but you need to get verification on the price as mine was approx £150 and it does look like its an annual thing.
That was the most expensive part on my invoice so im guessing it must be.:(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mine is being done as I write this. This is what I was told is included:

Oil and filter
Cabin Air Filter
Engine Air Filter (if necessary)
Wiper blade
Tire Balance
Intake sound generator diaphragm
Multiple system calibrations and checks with the MDS scan tool
Full Suspension and Brake check
Full inspection of underside with all paneling off
Re-Torque of all suspension and drivetrain mountings
Full Detail
$1900 (thats EUR 1466 and GBP 1185 at this afternoon's exchange rates)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nobody in Euro Zone ?

my car is still at the dealer, update + annual service, they are lookinf after my "noise" problem

they announced me a little less than 2000 €

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just had mine done at McLarenNB and it cost $1700. Money well spent, I don't know if I am nuts, but the car sounds better as they replaced something in the Intake System. Also they did an incredible detail and were terrific to deal with.

·
Registered
312 Posts
More like $1,800.......... but Daryl threw in a free oil filter for good measure :p - and I drove the car to the dealer.

But as long as the car is under warranty, there is not much choice.

·
Registered
964 Posts
In addition a set of front tyres- before the rears:confused:
and another 3 aero deflectors under the car at £225- which was the only real surprise...:rolleyes:
Took two off the rear this time- how I have no idea:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am about 100 days beyond my first service interval, car keeps given me signals, but since I don't really drive it all that much at the moment, I don't really give a damn. How far do I have to go for the car to pack it in, I'll see? I don't really like for a piece of machinery to give me stupid info that I don't need. Let's hope the lovely spam fed Britons get this in their heads and stop putting stupid software into lovely cars. Maybe more people would buy into them. Start with firing all the ginger ones and all the overbites, take longer lunch breaks and live a little, make the same car without ginger overbite input, and you will take the " Ities" out of business.
It's just a thought. But I am right, even when I'm wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts