McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a golfer, I bought the car fearing that I could not really expect to carry the clubs easily in the 12c. Today we were wondering whether we could take a winter break and drive to Portugal . I thought it would be great if I could play a little golf there, but having just got some new clubs, want to somehow fit them in. I managed it in a Lotus elise, tucking them into the recesses of the boot, but having to flex the driver to get it in and out. I went out to the garage to try and somehow get them into the 12c. Perhaps I could get them in at an angle or get the irons in and then just a driver in the footwell. NOT SO!
Amazingly, I can fit a full set behind the seats without any problem at all. I can get two full sets in, and still there is room for luggage, whilst not needing to put the seat anywhere except my usual position. All it needs is to take the woods out of the bag and place the tops of the shafts down on the floor with the heads across at an angle. The bag with the irons in it fits easily, sideways on the parcel shelf. Using "pencil" type golf bags, I can get two sets of clubs and bags in, and still have some room on top for squashy bags. All behind the seats. Now we can go to Portugal!
Don't believe it? Look here-
DSC01658.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01661.jpg
(That's a full set of clubs)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's doesn't look like the woods would fit back there, when you see how tight the irons are I don't even think the 3 iron is there. Well if your going alone then you will have a set of drivers seating beside you to keep you company. I would prefer having a beautiful woman sitting beside me instead of some metal woods. I think the only way to resolve that is a trailer or a roof rack, no thanks on both accounts. Cheers....

·
Registered
824 Posts
Madmacmark

Are those kids clubs? Lol

Mine only fit in passenger seat and thus, no passenger (sad lonely get!)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a full set of 14 clubs and a brand new driver, all behind the seats, no cheating. Now I am aiming to see if there is any way I can get a trolley in the front boot ("trunk")

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
A Motocaddy fits in the front if you remove the wheels off the Motocaddy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts