McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all owners,

I am sure by now during the course of ownership you must have received some amusing and hilarious comments about your McLaren.:p

Please do share with the lighter moments with us here in this forum.:D

Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Them: this is that new lambo, right?
Me: no, this is the new McLaren 12c.
Them: no no, this is the new lambo, I saw it on TV.
Me: no, this is the new McLaren, this is the key in my pocket *shows key*
Them: it really looks like the new lambo...
/smh

·
Owner
277 Posts
Who makes it / McLaren
I know but who makes it/ Mclaren
No its made by Ford/ no it is not
I am pretty sure it's Ford/ I've got that 3 times

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
A photographer with a model making a shoot during a car show.

Photographer - bend down and make sure you cover up that Nike emblem g-d knows we don't need them suing us.

I will be ordering the Mclaren nameplate for the hood this week :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
What's this?

It's a Mclaren.

What's that?

Mclaren is a car builder and designer.

No, what's a Mclaren?

A car.

Oh!

What is it, a Mclaren!

Yes.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Q: And.what is it?
A: a Mclaren
Q: so it's a Mercedes
......grrrrr

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
"How would anyone enjoy driving a car like that when our country have no roads for them to even engage into the 3rd gear?":(... "One may lose your license quickly breaking the speed limit, I have my share of fun driving around street bends without using the brakes":D

When filling up at the neighborhood petrol station, the attendant says, "Wow, what a really bright and nice car, this is the first time we have seen a McLaren filling up at our station. Is it more expensive than a Ferrari?":confused: ... I quipped, "It is slightly less expensive but it is way faster":D

"Is that the latest Lambo?":eek: "No, fortunately not ... and this car is easier to drive, comfortable and more practical.":D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well my story is far from being hilarious yet truly amazing, why amazing well knowledge is the key word. When I hear these stories about all of these idiots who know nothing about this car it's truly laughable.

When I took delivery of my putt-putt and was approaching my house, I turned down my street and my neighbors son went nuts when he saw me arrive. He came running over and said to me I love your new McLaren, can I seat in it, what makes it incredible is he's only 4 years old. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
964 Posts
What is it?
People walking around the car and when getting to the rear you hear an Ah! a McLaren...
Guy in the petrol station only yesterday, is it fast? it looks fast...
Neighbour thought it was a Ferrari..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What is it?
People walking around the car and when getting to the rear you hear an Ah! a McLaren...
Guy in the petrol station only yesterday, is it fast? it looks fast...
Neighbour thought it was a Ferrari..
That's understandable garyw, not the Ferrari comparison but the McLaren thing sense it's spelt out on the backside. LOL??

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Most of the above, but my favorite exchange was with an old guy in a gas station whilst driving my 427 Cobra: after various questions and answers, I finally said "but its not an original, its a fake". He was quiet for a second and then said "well, some titties are fake.......but they're still damn fine!"

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Most of the above, but my favorite exchange was with an old guy in a gas station whilst driving my 427 Cobra: after various questions and answers, I finally said "but its not an original, its a fake". He was quiet for a second and then said "well, some titties are fake.......but they're still damn fine!"
I can see his point,the fake ones have less fatigue, and will look better for longer,you can take this either way of course ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Rather over weight gentleman coming the other way pulls along side, lowers window and asks what is it?

Even though I have McLaren written in 6-inch high letters on the sun visor, I politely tell him what it is.

Without missing a beat he says “if I wasn’t so fat I would get one of those!!”

At a petrol station, two Pikey looking characters admiring it and as usual asked what it was.

I pointed to the large name on the sun visor, to which one commented

“yes but I’m illiterate”.

Wiki - Pikey is a pejorative slang term used mainly in England to refer to people who are of the Traveller Community.

I would be interested to know what the US equivalent is?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Rather over weight gentleman coming the other way pulls along side, lowers window and asks what is it?

Even though I have McLaren written in 6-inch high letters on the sun visor, I politely tell him what it is.

At a petrol station, two Pikey looking characters admiring it and as usual asked what it was.

Wiki - Pikey is a pejorative slang term used mainly in England to refer to people who are of the Traveller Community.

The pikeys around here are loaded!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Mr and Mrs Smith around here,the most common name at the social ,then they turn up to sign on in brand new off roaders :mad:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

zippycar are you referring to gypsies of sorts? If so I could think of a couple of names vagabond, vagrant or maybe even better a drifter and not of the car driving type. LOL....??

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Love the fat bloke story. And the Pikey one, funny how he knew the word 'illiterate', obviously worth more when it comes to signing on the rock n' roll.

On the hot day last week, or summer, as it was known, I came back into the clubhouse from golf and a chubby chap said 'I'm sweating like a Pikey in a spelling test'!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts