McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I'd like to replace the amber side markers to clear ones (or should I paint them) - any thoughts if this is a simple swap? What do you recommend?

Thanks, -T

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey guys!

I'd like to replace the amber side markers to clear ones (or should I paint them) - any thoughts if this is a simple swap? What do you recommend?

Thanks, -T
I had the setup provided by Newport McLaren installed on my carbon black car,...major improvement in appearance in my opinion...They use McLaren white/ clear euro sidemarker lenses with colored lights... Fl dealer installed for

http://www.mclarennb.com/clearsidemarkers.html

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the setup provided by Newport McLaren installed on my carbon black car,...major improvement in appearance in my opinion...They use McLaren white/ clear euro sidemarker lenses with colored lights... Fl dealer installed for

Thank You. I got a quote from them - around $400~ with installation for the fronts. Is it that challenging to replace?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm considering the same thing. The car I'm looking at has a kind of bizarre thing going on. Not sure what to make of it. Not to hijack your thread, but here's a photo of the oddity I'm working with.
Thanks for sharing this. Makes me want to consider painting it rather than getting clear!

Awesome color by the way. For yours I'd definitely paint to match the car.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

Hey Stewart, are they clear or are they white? Does the paint color between the marker show through the marker, or if it just a white backing with a clean lens? Are they the same as the ones I have on the front of my car already?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone pulled your side markers off before?

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I am going to call Monday and post the price and est. time / diy.

Will most likely order a set if a local paint shop can't match my current ones with the calipers .

May replace th plastic mirror arm too with cf.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to call Monday and post the price and est. time / diy.

Will most likely order a set if a local paint shop can't match my current ones with the calipers .

May replace th plastic mirror arm too with cf.
Any thoughts on the DIY? Thx

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am happy with my amber one's. You guys have way too much time on your hands! ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts