McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! any question to Mclaren and Greg Lavine?

Mclaren Beijing offer an opportunity to interview a senior manager whose first name is Greg

Do you have any idea about this gentleman?And any question to him and Mclaren?

PS: Mclaren P1 has been already sold more than 20 in Mainland China and My friend confirmed to me that he and 2 other gentleman will ord 3 P1s at Mclaren Beijing.

The chinese response for P1 is Crazy and unbelievable partly because the fact P1 is even cheaper or less expansive than 918 in China.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
That's pretty impressive for an initial order/allocation for the PR (Mainland, Macau, HK, etc).

I anticipated a strong damand in AsiaPac, namely far-east, along w/ the mid-east (KSA, GCC, etc).

I'm curious about Central/South America & Mexico, the McLaren brand is prominent there (due to F1 & Senna notoriety).

Sigh, 375 ain't enough my world! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To Osiris.I think the number 30 didn't even include the demand from HK or Taiwan, and total number could be 40+

another reason why China customer is so excited to P1 is that we missed Mclaren F1 20 years ago and no any Mclaren F1 in Mainland China,only 2 in HK,so we try our best to not miss another mclaren monster.

So any question to Mclaren?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
How many more are they going to sell as it would seem that they have more demand than they were originally allocated..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many more are they going to sell as it would seem that they have more demand than they were originally allocated..
I don't know what their plan is,some media supposed 150 12C in one year,but they decline to confirm the number to me in the Mclaren China Launch dinner last week.

About P1 allocated.

Mclaren Beijing confirmed to my friend they can get allocation(at least 3,for my friend and 2 other gentleman)and will deliver in first half of next year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could ask them what time it did at the 'Ring.....
HaHa

I ask the very same question in the Mclaren China Launch Party last wednesday, and James Keady,Mclaren digital media manager,told me they will release the lap time in October and they are waiting a cooler weather,and the y will work together with Pirelli.

So I guess the main problem is the tyres and when it is cooler, they will set their hot lap.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
HaHa

I ask the very same question in the Mclaren China Launch Party last wednesday, and James Keady,Mclaren digital media manager,told me they will release the lap time in October and they are waiting a cooler weather,and the y will work together with Pirelli.

So I guess the main problem is the tyres and when it is cooler, they will set their hot lap.
Interesting thanks Bruce..

As long as its not an overheating clutch...

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Der Fuhrer started in September waited until October, and look what happened! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Hi Bruce -- Though not P1 related, it would be great if you could ask about the P13. Any comments on release date, cost, turbo vs. naturally aspirated engine, any involvement with Honda on the project, or any details on when we will get to see designs or concepts on what it will look like.

I'm sure there would be many curious about the pay-for-more-power upgrade rumor coming for the 12c next year.

For me personally, though it might seem an odd question to ask at an event in China, if you can get any comments on a Boston area dealership, I'd certainly appreciate it :D.

Thanks for the opportunity to proxy questions!

-nh4.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
A good question to ask for all owners, or potential owners, might be on the financial health of McLaren Automotive. It would be great to know how they are doing on cash burn, sales and revenue realities vs. targets, and how long their operations are currently funded for before the business will need to either be self sustaining or more money would need to be raised... These might be harder to ask and / or get answers to depending on the event, but thought I'd post it just the same.

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
HaHa

In October - if Mclaren finds these tires aren't capable is there any chance they switch manufacturers?

I know a lot of owners would like to see another tire for the MP4 and after changing the Pirelli's to Bridgestones on my 16M it's been eye opening to say the least.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx nh4

welcome more other question

And For P13 James told me that Mclaren will Launch something on Geneva Car Show next year.I guess it is about a face-lift version or mid-life update version P11 and P13 is for 2015.

Here is my question about future plan

Mclaren has the plan of 'launch a new car every year ',so next question is about P13, the only two thing we know it is a 911-killer and less expansive than 12C, Can you tell us more about the project? Is there really enough space between the 911 turbo and 12C?

And Mclaren always say you focus on mid-engine sport car and will launch 3 models, but do you have a GT-car Plan? It is bigger market,and especially in China.

In 2015, Mclaren and honda will race as a team in formula one, and is there any plan that McLaren collaborating with Honda on future road cars?Just like SLR with Mecedes-Benz?

And other question

In last 3 years,Mclaren launch two models,establish dealer networks all over the world, and the production of 12C is more than 3000.so can we say Mcalren is already achieve the target you set ?Can you tell us what is the biggest chanllege to build a new supercar brand?

This year is the 50 anniversary for Mclaren racing team, and as the most successful team in formula one, Mclaren enjoy the one of most huge fan base, and How do you think this fact help Mclaren Launch the supercar project?

Mclaren enjoy a very solid and profound racing legacy and heritage and your supercar design team is also made of many F1 designer and engineer, What's the most difference between a racing team and a traditional car manufacturer?

PS:And as you know,I am not a native english speaker.So Could you do me a favor to remind me any grammar or spelling mistake in my question?and Could you understand what I ask?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
bruce, those will be good questions, I will let the actual native speakers correct the mistakes for you. Nicely done on also packaging the more delicate questions like "is McLaren Automotive well funded" into a different way to let them possibly answer at least a little bit in that direction.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
And For P13 James told me that Mclaren will Launch something on Geneva Car Show next year.I guess it is about a face-lift version or mid-life update version P11 and P13 is for 2015.
Yes, that is in line with what I've heard as well... The 2014 release will be something to compete with the Ferrari 458 Speciale, and then the 2015 car will be the P13. I keep hoping the P13 will be next year, but seems unlikely.

Mclaren has the plan of 'launch a new car every year ',so next question is about P13, the only two thing we know it is a 911-killer and less expansive than 12C, Can you tell us more about the project? Is there really enough space between the 911 turbo and 12C?
This is an interesting point, and one I've thought about recently. The assumption was that the P13 would be about dominating the new 991 iteration of the 911 turbo. I believe (and others please correct me if I'm wrong) McLaren only stated they were targeting the 911, which is a much wider spectrum of car stats when looking across the entire family. If you can get any comments about WHICH 911 McLaren is targeting with the P13, it might give us more info on what to expect with respect to performance and price tag.

PS:And as you know,I am not a native english speaker.So Could you do me a favor to remind me any grammar or spelling mistake in my question?and Could you understand what I ask?
Your Engish is great, Bruce. No worries there at all! I think you have a great batch of questions and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of feedback you get!

Enjoy the meeting!

-nh4.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx nh4. and still very nervous.

other question I prepared

What is your first impression about P1? did you worry the customer could not fully understand Mclaren design philosophy behind P1?

Your competitor use a NA V12 engine,some people suggest it has very charming sound……but Mclaren stick to use a V8 engine,and Why Mclaren didn‘t choose a more charming V10 or V12?

We call this car P1,and P1 means Pole Position,but the only lap time we get is P1 6 second faster than 12C gt3 in Barcelona GP Track.When do you plan to release the lap time of top gear track and The ring?

Some technical detail of P1. Mclaren choose the hybird direction and ferrari choose KERS for Laferrari. Can you tell me why Mclaren choose this path and what advantage from hybird?

As we know, When the battery is out of power in E-mode,the engine will kick in and even in race mode,when I brake,the engine will recharge the battery, and the switch between discharge and recharge is in less than one-tenth second, and does this fact influence the lifespan of battary?

And in race mode, How many laps can I use the full 903hp in a track day? for exapmle, at dunfield track?

And another free 25 hp in 2013 upgrade?

Last Week,Ferrari Launch the face-lift version of 458 itali ,called 458 Speciale, at Frankfurt Car Show.So does Mcalren have any plan for upgrade 12C?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And the gentleman to answer this question is Greg Lavine.Who know this gentleman?

I am afraid the technology question is not adequate?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts