McLaren Life banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I picked up my car from the dealer after being serviced it has generated an issue when you lock the car, it beeps loudly three times.

Never has done this before.

Doors, engine bay, front bonnet and internal storage are all closed. It had just been serviced and the airbags replaced due to the Takata recall.

Any ideas what it could be? It is going back into the dealer in a few weeks.

Thanks.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
335 Posts
Hi all,

When I picked up my car from the dealer after being serviced it has generated an issue when you lock the car, it beeps loudly three times.

Never has done this before.

Doors, engine bay, front bonnet and internal storage are all closed. It had just been serviced and the airbags replaced due to the Takata recall.

Any ideas what it could be? It is going back into the dealer in a few weeks.

Thanks.
LOL! Would love to know the answer here as mine does the exact same thing and only started after I picked it up from the dealer, upon it's recent service visit.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
On my 570 spider if I arm with something open, like the hood or the engine service cover, it will do something like that as a warning..

Are you guys sure everything is closed properly?

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Triple check the engine hatch cover. Mine double clicks almost. I had the latches replaced under warranty and then realized I wasn't closing the hatch hard enough as the new latches were tighter.

-Troy

·
@ChaseZimmerman
335 Posts
It's definitely not something open. I remember the sound the car used to make when something was left open, but it was never three audible, independent beeps like this.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
in the left display menu, there is an option for audible beeps with lock if I remember correctly.

otherwise, id pop the trunk, the engine lid, and center console and close everything again

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It’s the engine hatch. It must be closed with considerable force. Watch for the lock and press hard in this area on both sides.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Before I comment keep in mind I am a new Mclaren owner! Just a total guess. If the dealer reprogrammed the computer for some reason,
it might of gone back to default settings and turned on a warning chime that was previously not on. Just a thought!

Mike

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,630 Posts
Sometimes its a stuck sensor and opening/closing the frunk/rear engine hatch can reset it.

But if youre saying you can tell the beep is different, then it's new to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s 3 fast beeps and turn signal lights blinking hectic. Tried to close everything properly several times. Shouldn’t it be just one long beeeeeep if something is not closed?

2012 MP4-12C
1,619 Posts
Can’t find anything in the menu or manual. It really drives me nuts 😬👎🏻
Page 113 of the owners manual "Silent Lock" is what they're referring to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts