McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

When I turn off my 2012 12C coupe, the alarm emits a continuous beep for about 5-7 seconds and the directional signals flash very rapidly about 10+ times. Is this normal? It seems like lots of drama for every time I lock the car.

I bought another 12C last month, which a client insisted that I let him have. In my brief time with that car, I don't recall the same action when I locked it.

Any pointers for the new guy? And yes, I have tried RTFM but I didn't see anything on this aspect of the alarm system.

Thanks in advance to all!

Rob

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine does the same thing! I have not read the manual so I'm really glad you posted this!:cool:

·
Owner
277 Posts
Hey Guys,

When I turn off my 2012 12C coupe, the alarm emits a continuous beep for about 5-7 seconds and the directional signals flash very rapidly about 10+ times. Is this normal? It seems like lots of drama for every time I lock the car.

I bought another 12C last month, which a client insisted that I let him have. In my brief time with that car, I don't recall the same action when I locked it.

Any pointers for the new guy? And yes, I have tried RTFM but I didn't see anything on this aspect of the alarm system.

Thanks in advance to all!

Rob
Push down on both sides of your rear window if not fully closed you get that alarm. or the trunk or doors for that matter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Riddle half solved - thanks Fastlane!

I pushed down on one side of my engine cover and found that it indeed wasn't fully latched.

So now the continuous chirp is gone, but when I lock the car the directions still flash like a strobe in rapid succession at least 10 times. Is this normal??

Once more, thanks to all!

Rob

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The flashing is normal as the car tucks the side mirrors away. Anytime you hear an audible beep, it means something isn't closed fully (bonnet, engine bay, etc.).

Congrats on the new ride.

But how on earth did a client make you give up your car!?!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The flashing can be disabled -- I remember seeing it in the car's computer (via the left stalk). If you lock the car by tapping the area behind either door, it will lock the car + tuck the mirrors, but without the pomp and circumstance of the key fob lock button.

·
Owner
277 Posts
Riddle half solved - thanks Fastlane!

I pushed down on one side of my engine cover and found that it indeed wasn't fully latched.

So now the continuous chirp is gone, but when I lock the car the directions still flash like a strobe in rapid succession at least 10 times. Is this normal??

Once more, thanks to all!

Rob
The flashing light time and sound is adjustable in the dash computer play with it you cant hurt anything but if you change something you still need to push in the button on the stalk to set it or it goes back to were it was.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But how on earth did a client make you give up your car!?!
I'm in the wealth management business and my good friend/client took one look at the volcano red/black & tan interior 12C that I bought last month and said I must have that car. He pays me enough money that I just smiled, handed him the keys and said you own it!!!

That freed me up to search all over again, which is half the fun right?!?!?! ;)

If technology doesn't fail me, below are 2 pics of my newly acquired "keeper"!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I'm in the wealth management business and my good friend/client took one look at the volcano red/black & tan interior 12C that I bought last month and said I must have that car. He pays me enough money that I just smiled, handed him the keys and said you own it!!!

That freed me up to search all over again, which is half the fun right?!?!?! ;)

If technology doesn't fail me, below are 2 pics of my newly acquired "keeper"!!
Nice! I'd even be OK if you under performed the market for a few years if you were running my money and handed me the keys to a 12c :D

-Jamie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts