McLaren Life banner

Alarm problem... help !!

7K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Jopi 
#1 · (Edited)
:mad:
Hello,

My neighbor told me he's been hearing car alarms several nights. I thought it was a neighborhood car, but as I was leaving my house the other night I heard my car ringing. I should point out that I only have a basic car alarm coupled with the horn.

:coffee::alien::oops:
So...

• She's in a closed box
  • No movement
  • No open windows
  • No vibrations
  • It is new (400 km)
  • Doors well closed
  • No trace of it ringing after it happened (no flashing lights, etc...)
I try to charge the battery, but it doesn't change anything.

And a few times a day... it rings. Has anyone ever had that? My garage is quite far from home, I would like to go there for that... can you help me?

Thank you!

See less See more
#14 ·
These are fascinating to me...LOL.

Check and see what phones are linked to your car - maybe for some reason, there are other phones linked to it and it is ringing through? I know once, I was in the garage working and had music playing through my bluetooth speaker system in the garage and then it stopped...but somehow, someway, it had synched to my car and I was unaware of it. I kept playing w/the speaker in the garage trying to get it to synch. So I got tired of it and decided to call a friend that is a lot more techie than I am - I could not hear a word he was saying. When he called me back, the ringing happened from inside the car, and that is how I realized what had happened. No idea how the ignition came on by itself but I had the key in my pocket. It has never happened again.
Hello,
It's really the car alarm, not a ringing phone. The car is new and the only phone connected is mine... any other ideas?

#11 ·
These are fascinating to me...LOL.

Check and see what phones are linked to your car - maybe for some reason, there are other phones linked to it and it is ringing through? I know once, I was in the garage working and had music playing through my bluetooth speaker system in the garage and then it stopped...but somehow, someway, it had synched to my car and I was unaware of it. I kept playing w/the speaker in the garage trying to get it to synch. So I got tired of it and decided to call a friend that is a lot more techie than I am - I could not hear a word he was saying. When he called me back, the ringing happened from inside the car, and that is how I realized what had happened. No idea how the ignition came on by itself but I had the key in my pocket. It has never happened again.

#12 ·
does it do it mostly after parking it from a recent drive? cooling noises perhaps?
try pushing the door in once closed,could be just a latch switch not being satisfied.
and unfortunately no, most dealers do not necessarily do all software updates before selling a car. you'd think they would but noooo....!

#15 ·
Three ideas, thank you:
1) no it's really the car's clackson that starts for 1-2 minutes, and then stops.
2) ok good idea I'll try to push the door again
3) I'll contact the dealer

Did anyone resolve this Phantom alarm problem, with a computer update?

#18 ·

#22 ·
A question for those of you who've had that phantom alarm problem before.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this before I go to my dealership? For example, if I don't close my 720s (in my box), it automatically closes, doesn't it? Does it prevent from ringing?

#23 ·
A question for those of you who've had that phantom alarm problem before.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this before I go to my dealership? For example, if I don't close my 720s (in my box), it automatically closes, doesn't it? Does it prevent from ringing?
you always need to fully close it so it shuts down ... otherwise will also drain the battery over night ... best is to set it to fold the mirrors so you see when it’s fully closed.

#30 ·
Hello guys,

Well I wrote an email to my dealer... explaining these phantom alarm problems. He just told me that a pair of door locks have been ordered for me and he offers me a date to replace them. Without seeing my car….
So the problem is well known.
Thanks to you and the forum for the support and sharing of oppinions. You are the best. Greetings from Switzerland!!(y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.