McLaren Life banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
never heard of wheel anti theft before. isn't it just a motion sensor that sees if car is jacked up?
Honestly I don’t know. But I tried it cause when my 570S was getting tires changed as soon they loosened the wheel bolt the alarm went off. I know most cars have sensors that know when the lugs are loosened. When the alarm issue happened on my 720S and the lug nuts were retorqued. It went away completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A question for those of you who've had that phantom alarm problem before.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this before I go to my dealership? For example, if I don't close my 720s (in my box), it automatically closes, doesn't it? Does it prevent from ringing?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
A question for those of you who've had that phantom alarm problem before.

Is there anything I can do to avoid this before I go to my dealership? For example, if I don't close my 720s (in my box), it automatically closes, doesn't it? Does it prevent from ringing?
you always need to fully close it so it shuts down ... otherwise will also drain the battery over night ... best is to set it to fold the mirrors so you see when it’s fully closed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
you always need to fully close it so it shuts down ... otherwise will also drain the battery over night ... best is to set it to fold the mirrors so you see when it’s fully closed.
And if I connect the battery charger? With the trunk closed? I know it's a little stupid, but it's to avoid waking the neighbors before I go to the dealership.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
And if I connect the battery charger? With the trunk closed? I know it's a little stupid, but it's to avoid waking the neighbors before I go to the dealership.
Why ? You can turn off the horn going off when you open the car ... somewhere hidden in the options ... and i guess the engine start up is way louder anyway

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
why ? You can turn off the Horn going of when you open the car ... somewhere hidden in the options ... and i guess the engine start up is way louder anyway
Hello Chris, the problem is mostly at night, when the neighbours are asleep and the alarm goes off by itself, clakscon. In europe, the clackson option that sounds when doors are opened or closed is not activated.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hello Chris, the problem is mostly at night, when the neighbours are asleep and the alarm goes off by itself, clakscon. In europe, the clackson option that sounds when doors are opened or closed is not activated.
yes but not setting the car to sleep when it’s not in use will trigger problems too

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hello guys,

Well I wrote an email to my dealer... explaining these phantom alarm problems. He just told me that a pair of door locks have been ordered for me and he offers me a date to replace them. Without seeing my car….
So the problem is well known.
Thanks to you and the forum for the support and sharing of oppinions. You are the best. Greetings from Switzerland!!(y)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts