McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad:
Hello,

My neighbor told me he's been hearing car alarms several nights. I thought it was a neighborhood car, but as I was leaving my house the other night I heard my car ringing. I should point out that I only have a basic car alarm coupled with the horn.

:coffee::alien::oops:
So...

• She's in a closed box
  • No movement
  • No open windows
  • No vibrations
  • It is new (400 km)
  • Doors well closed
  • No trace of it ringing after it happened (no flashing lights, etc...)
I try to charge the battery, but it doesn't change anything.

And a few times a day... it rings. Has anyone ever had that? My garage is quite far from home, I would like to go there for that... can you help me?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hello, you right, but we check, no possibility of animals in the garage, we've checked, totally closed...
Weren't you the one who took the car a part to examine it after purchase? Maybe put it back together incorrectly?

I don't think I ever remember this happening to me. I might have seen a posting like this in the past but it just seemed to be a fluke issue (from memory, I could be wrong).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey. I had this happen to me a couple times. I figured it was the wheel lugs loose. It has the anti theft sensor. I got Costco to retorque. And it fixed the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
:mad:
Hello,

My neighbor told me he's been hearing car alarms several nights. I thought it was a neighborhood car, but as I was leaving my house the other night I heard my car ringing. I should point out that I only have a basic car alarm coupled with the horn.

:coffee::alien::oops:
So...

• She's in a closed box
  • No movement
  • No open windows
  • No vibrations
  • It is new (400 km)
  • Doors well closed
  • No trace of it ringing after it happened (no flashing lights, etc...)
I try to charge the battery, but it doesn't change anything.

And a few times a day... it rings. Has anyone ever had that? My garage is quite far from home, I would like to go there for that... can you help me?

Thank you!

Has your car had all the latests software updates? If not, that could be the issue. Random unexplained alarms were somewhat common on 12c's, 650's and early 720's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weren't you the one who took the car a part to examine it after purchase? Maybe put it back together incorrectly?

no !?

I don't think I ever remember this happening to me. I might have seen a posting like this in the past but it just seemed to be a fluke issue (from memory, I could be wrong).
if you find anything, thanks for help

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has your car had all the latests software updates? If not, that could be the issue. Random unexplained alarms were somewhat common on 12c's, 650's and early 720's.
interresting ! they deliver the car in february 2020, i think before they deliver they put the last updates?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Phantom alarms like you describe were an issue in 2017/18 cars (@kovalser had it as far as I remember) Later cars I have never heard that again

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
IIRC the spurious alarm was traced to soft close door sensor being slightly out of position.

·
Owner
495 Posts
These are fascinating to me...LOL.

Check and see what phones are linked to your car - maybe for some reason, there are other phones linked to it and it is ringing through? I know once, I was in the garage working and had music playing through my bluetooth speaker system in the garage and then it stopped...but somehow, someway, it had synched to my car and I was unaware of it. I kept playing w/the speaker in the garage trying to get it to synch. So I got tired of it and decided to call a friend that is a lot more techie than I am - I could not hear a word he was saying. When he called me back, the ringing happened from inside the car, and that is how I realized what had happened. No idea how the ignition came on by itself but I had the key in my pocket. It has never happened again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
does it do it mostly after parking it from a recent drive? cooling noises perhaps?
try pushing the door in once closed,could be just a latch switch not being satisfied.
and unfortunately no, most dealers do not necessarily do all software updates before selling a car. you'd think they would but noooo....!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are fascinating to me...LOL.

Check and see what phones are linked to your car - maybe for some reason, there are other phones linked to it and it is ringing through? I know once, I was in the garage working and had music playing through my bluetooth speaker system in the garage and then it stopped...but somehow, someway, it had synched to my car and I was unaware of it. I kept playing w/the speaker in the garage trying to get it to synch. So I got tired of it and decided to call a friend that is a lot more techie than I am - I could not hear a word he was saying. When he called me back, the ringing happened from inside the car, and that is how I realized what had happened. No idea how the ignition came on by itself but I had the key in my pocket. It has never happened again.
Hello,
It's really the car alarm, not a ringing phone. The car is new and the only phone connected is mine... any other ideas?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does it do it mostly after parking it from a recent drive? cooling noises perhaps?
try pushing the door in once closed,could be just a latch switch not being satisfied.
and unfortunately no, most dealers do not necessarily do all software updates before selling a car. you'd think they would but noooo....!
Three ideas, thank you:
1) no it's really the car's clackson that starts for 1-2 minutes, and then stops.
2) ok good idea I'll try to push the door again
3) I'll contact the dealer

Did anyone resolve this Phantom alarm problem, with a computer update?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just tightened the lug nuts on wheels. Mine were loose and triggering anti wheel theft alarm.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hello, my car was build in 2018 (was a stock car I buy in 2020)
makes more sense ... I remember some cars in the 1st year of production had these issues

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just tightened the lug nuts on wheels. Mine were loose and triggering anti wheel theft alarm.

never heard of wheel anti theft before. isn't it just a motion sensor that sees if car is jacked up?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Three ideas, thank you:
1) no it's really the car's clackson that starts for 1-2 minutes, and then stops.
2) ok good idea I'll try to push the door again
3) I'll contact the dealer

Did anyone resolve this Phantom alarm problem, with a computer update?
1) i meant the cooling noises after shut down triggering the alarm.
or the wind moving the garage door a tiny bit. don't the 720 have volumetric alarm sensors?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts