1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
“I’m a Tuner”
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have BMC filters and Unobtanium HF cat downpipes awaiting my May annual service. It might be a mute point by then but will post any noticeable differences.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They are right behind the rear wheel liner (1 driver side and 1 passenger side) to the right of each spring tower toward the side intake.

I replaced them with BMC and only notice a "maybe" higher pitch intake sound at higher RPM.

·
Sponsor
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
How much are the stock air filters?
I just created a DIY thread where I do mention the air filters briefly:

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/83666-oil-change-diy-procedure-isg-delete-mod.html

Purchased through McLaren Chicago, then ran about $96 each. I, too, am curious if the BMC filters are superior, inferior, or equal to OEM, and how much they cost. It seems like I heard somewhere that the OEM air filters are as good as any out there..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Someone should dyno these. I bet they don't make more power. The stock ones seem to flow quite well.

I know this is apple and oranges but when I swapped BMC's in for stock Lambo filters, the intake whistle was more pronounced. If all I get is more P1 "whoosh's" with the filters and high flow cat DP's, I'll be happy. Then again, I am a child. lol

·
Sponsor
974 Posts
I know this is apple and oranges but when I swapped BMC's in for stock Lambo filters, the intake whistle was more pronounced. If all I get is more P1 "whoosh's" with the filters and high flow cat DP's, I'll be happy. Then again, I am a child. lol
I hear you. I plan to dyno them back to back one day.

XPRD

·
2012 MP4-12C
949 Posts
FWIW I put in BMC filters and removed all of the foam inside the intake boxes. No idea about power, but the sounds were a welcome change. Lots more whooshes!

2012 MP4-12C
2,568 Posts
Not yet. Been super busy trying not to die from this pandemic.
For 2 years? Man you were ahead of the game.

Reactions: Dano
2012 MP4-12C
2,568 Posts
FWIW I put in BMC filters and removed all of the foam inside the intake boxes. No idea about power, but the sounds were a welcome change. Lots more whooshes!
The wooshes are from the foam removal, I did that with stock filters. I have other motives in this data.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.