McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've spoken to one other 765LT owner and he has reported the exact same issue. The A/C is finicky...basically, I get in the car, turn it on, and nothing, blows hot air. If I set it to "Lo" and hit "Auto"...then after a few minutes, the A/C starts to blow ice cold. If I leave the A/C on, it keeps working perfectly. The moment I turn it off, it's back to the same process of hitting "Auto" and waiting a few minutes. Is it just the two of us (me and my buddy) or are others having the same issue? Seems like a software issue...

PIC JUST CAUSE I FREAKIN LOVE THIS CAR. LOL

Peter

·
Registered
90 Posts
yep...agree.

I have the setting in the IRIS to have moderate fans I think but that just makes the swings in temps much greater. Seems to work better in my 720

·
Registered
551 Posts
So I've spoken to one other 765LT owner and he has reported the exact same issue. The A/C is finicky...basically, I get in the car, turn it on, and nothing, blows hot air. If I set it to "Lo" and hit "Auto"...then after a few minutes, the A/C starts to blow ice cold. If I leave the A/C on, it keeps working perfectly. The moment I turn it off, it's back to the same process of hitting "Auto" and waiting a few minutes. Is it just the two of us (me and my buddy) or are others having the same issue? Seems like a software issue...

PIC JUST CAUSE I FREAKIN LOVE THIS CAR. LOL

Peter

View attachment 210562
I have a similar issue. Will take it out and AC is cold as can be. Stop the car for a little , get back in and no cold air. Going to manual doesn’t work nor does setting it at lo. I have found that if I pull over, turn off car, get out and lock car and unlock and start up again (aka reset the car) it will come back on Occasionally.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A/C issues are not un-common with McLaren cars. Had same problems being discussed and a/c compressors replaced in both my 2017 570GT and 2019 600LT Spider.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Never had this happen on the 720. Maybe make sure the fan is directing air to the driver by tapping the race car driver's helmet in the A/C menu?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done all that....it's for sure some sort of software issue.
Peter

Never had this happen on the 720. Maybe make sure the fan is directing air to the driver by tapping the race car driver's helmet in the A/C menu?

Reactions: VRP14

·
Registered
551 Posts
Im not sure its a software issue. You might have a very small leak in the system. I would get the dealer to check the lines. The AC in the McLaren is super sensitive in terms of pressure.
Mines purely a software Issue. I can do a reset for the car and it will work again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer has the car and is looking at it now.
Peter

Im not sure its a software issue. You might have a very small leak in the system. I would get the dealer to check the lines. The AC in the McLaren is super sensitive in terms of pressure.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow that might be my favorite 765lt. Hope they get it fixed for you.

It does sound like a programming issue. It wouldn’t blow ice cold on occasion if the system was low. The performance degrades as the charge gets lower until the pressure gets below a set amount on the low side pressure sensor. At that point it will not allow the compressor clutch to engage. No a/c at all at that point.

I would be curious to know if the compressor clutch is engaged while it is blowing warm. If that is the case then your issue is with the blend doors behind the dash not closing the flow of warm air across the heater core and opening flow of the cold air across the evaporator.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, this spec is insane and I'm so lucky to have this car. I'm hopeful it's simply a software issue, and especially since others report having this same problem. I would hate if it were issues with the blend doors behind the dash.
Peter

Wow that might be my favorite 765lt. Hope they get it fixed for you.

It does sound like a programming issue. It wouldn’t blow ice cold on occasion if the system was low. The performance degrades as the charge gets lower until the pressure gets below a set amount on the low side pressure sensor. At that point it will not allow the compressor clutch to engage. No a/c at all at that point.

I would be curious to know if the compressor clutch is engaged while it is blowing warm. If that is the case then your issue is with the blend doors behind the dash not closing the flow of warm air across the heater core and opening flow of the cold air across the evaporator.

Reactions: EatSleepBoost
2,825 Posts
Thanks, this spec is insane and I'm so lucky to have this car. I'm hopeful it's simply a software issue, and especially since others report having this same problem. I would hate if it were issues with the blend doors behind the dash.
Peter
I had that issue with the blend doors on my Ferrari and the entire dash had to come out. Needless to say I was not pleased with that but, they did get it handled and lucky enough I had no issues with noise emanating from the dash after they replaced the faulty parts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soooooo BAD A/C compressor...replaced and now they say it's good to go. Picking her up tomorrow...will report back.
Peter

·
Registered
348 Posts
My F8 was victim of a variety of creeks and rattles emanating from the dash area. More significantly, when coming to a stop, a knocking sound from the left of the brake pedal could be heard just prior to coming to a full stop and again when accelerating. This knocking sound occured every single time. It started to create anxiety due to the expectation of its occurrence. My wife was equally annoyed and would give me that look every time the noise transpired. Brought it in to the dealer. They ran a series of tests and recorded the sound and sent it to Ferrari headquarters. They had no idea what was causing this. 3 days later, I was informed by the dealer that upon testing 2 other F8s they had in stock, they heard the same issue. They concluded that this was normal behaviour for the F8 and it was caused by the ABS pump. Owners of the F8, responded by stating that their cars made no such knocking sound. Clearly, my F8 was exhibiting a disconcerting flaw. A month later the car was traded in for the 765.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh lord, yea, that would drive me NUTS as well! I can't wait to get my 765 back, I'll either grab her later today or tomorrow.
Peter

My F8 was victim of a variety of creeks and rattles emanating from the dash area. More significantly, when coming to a stop, a knocking sound from the left of the brake pedal could be heard just prior to coming to a full stop and again when accelerating. This knocking sound occured every single time. It started to create anxiety due to the expectation of its occurrence. My wife was equally annoyed and would give me that look every time the noise transpired. Brought it in to the dealer. They ran a series of tests and recorded the sound and sent it to Ferrari headquarters. They had no idea what was causing this. 3 days later, I was informed by the dealer that upon testing 2 other F8s they had in stock, they heard the same issue. They concluded that this was normal behaviour for the F8 and it was caused by the ABS pump. Owners of the F8, responded by stating that their cars made no such knocking sound. Clearly, my F8 was exhibiting a disconcerting flaw. A month later the car was traded in for the 765.

Reactions: Coincid
1 - 20 of 22 Posts